Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Lord is my Light

1: It's taken me a while to write again. It's been a very crazy couple of weeks! My dad and I were absolutely swamped in Spain and England, running around and really enjoying our time! I can't even say how much fun it was. My dad is hilarious and we have such a great time together!

2: Since being home and landing in the lovely and greatly missed BOISE ID at 11:20 Mountain Standard Time, I have opened my mission call (NEW JERSEY MORRISTOWN SPANISH SPEAKING- I LEAVE FEBRUARY 6, 2012), had an interview with the Bishop and the Stake President, set up an appointment to receive my endowment in the Boise Temple, on Tuesday the 4th, gone to a doctor's appointment, set up a work schedule and picked up 8 shifts, gone shopping, met my VERY BEST FRIENDS boyfriend (he is just the nicest!!!), gone to Body Attack, gone shooting with the family, celebrated my sister's 15th birthday, watched the second season of Once Upon a Time, read through my mission packet 82 times, heard the joke, "Oh, you're going to have to learn Spanish with a New Joisey accent out there!" at least 83 times, snuggled with my mom, found a nasty rash... on my face... :'( (yeah its gross. sorry. TMI? Maybe), cleaned the house, organized my bathroom, tried to organize my room (still working on that), seen the one and only fantastic Band Director whom I miss and love, gone to the Nike Store without shoes and in a giant grey sweatshirt (it was a mistake. I thought we were just dropping my brother off somewhere... It was an awkward mistake), spent time with KIRSETONA! and CASSBARN!, received 2 letters from fantastic missionary friends who I love, spent time in Seminary and with Lissa the Beauty, drawn and redrawn names for Christmas gifts amongst the siblings, baked Banana Bread with chocolate chips (and I DIDN'T drop an entire egg shell in it this time!), hugged lots of people, cried and laughed a lot, seen Ma and Pa Curtis (I have missed them), slowly gotten over Jet lag, sent in my acceptance letter to the General Authorities, and now I have drawn and colored (with helps from my lovely younger sisters) 8 maps/announcements to go out to my missionary friends about my mission call!

3: I drove by my house that I lived in here in Boise until I was 4 years old, on a rainy day, down streets where cows grazed and long grass swayed, passed through parking lots where I left stake dances and learned stick shift, and ate Magnum Bars with my best friends. I'm a sentimentalist, and I have felt pretty nostalgic for this beautiful place where I grew up and have so many beautiful memories. I then saw a car in front of me with a California license plate- and I remembered my time in San Diego. It was such an incredible opportunity to be there. I fell in love with people and a place and a little boy who helped me learn and grow in ways that I couldn't have done here at home with my family. I will forever be grateful to the family I spent time with down there. They are amazing people and examples to me.

4: Slightly concerned that I haven't been able to sell the contract that I bought in September for The Elms before I heard about the announcement. If you have anyone that needs a place in Provo for the winter semester, the down payment of $200 is already paid, and I got an email from the former girl who lived there and she says the girls there are great! I would love to be there, except IMMA BE IN NUEVO JOISEY! Anyways, help a girl out :) It's gonna be hard to sell this one... time to pray haha!

5: I really feel strongly about the Stake President being called of God and being inspired for his calling. I am so grateful to him and the Lord for how personal this whole process has been. I sustain him as called of God for his specific calling to lead our Stake. I am so excited to let others know about The Gospel of Jesus Christ restored on the Earth in these Latter Days!!! [LDS.ORG]

6: I love snuggling with my mommy :) Yes, I am five. It's okay, though, to not be mature when you are home and safe and don't have to be a grown up for a little bit :) I love her. She is amazing.

7: Today we all bore our testimonies at the table. This is something we have done ever since I can remember on Sundays. We always go around and say when we felt the Spirit at church that day. It really taught me to look for the Spirit at church and learn to recognize it in my life. I am so grateful for that- and I was so happy to do it again today with my family :)

8: I promise I'll be writing again in the next couple of days. I really need to write about the finishing up of my Study Abroad and my time abroad with my Dad!!! So check back soon, and sorry I left you all hanging so long!

9: Let's face it, Idaho is full of hicks. Just look around... it makes me smile :) I like being a country girl, if by name only :) But hey, I like hiking and shooting and stuff... so maybe I would pass. Maybe. Maybe.

10: Love you all. Pray... He'll answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment