Second: Valencia. Let me tell you about it :)
Valencia is a gorgeous beach town :) We hopped off the bus to 70* weather, sunshine, and a beautiful mosaic tiled museum that sparkles in the sunshine! We spent the day with a tour guide who brought us around to cathedrals, museums, castles, etc etc etc... She was really nice and I had a fun time! Unfortunately I think I may have been slightly disruptive but we just really were riding the bus all day and I had a hard time focusing AGAIN on another cathedral. Okay. Pretty ungrateful. But don't worry, I was really good today in Córdoba... but that's for my next post :)
Valencia was also fantastic because the beach was beautiful, the paella was TO DIE FOR, the company was great (we had a visiting professor from BYU and he was a really fun guy), the ocean was calm, the bus driver was nice, and the rooms were fantastic.
Valencia was a little bit harder than I would have hoped in other ways that included... making sure I kept my spirits up even though I was tired and it felt like the world was working against me! But, sometimes that just happens, even when you're in Spain! If you read my last post, I wouldn't be surprised if you now think of me as a grump. But don't worry, I'm not :) I did find a really small cute asian man who was dancing in the plaza to giant concert speakers as if no one else was around. Naturally, I joined him after seeing my good friend Mary take the lead in being the coolest person I know. We caught it on video too... :)
Third: Life. The little things. Like... playing the jump-so-the-leaves-touch-the-top-of-your-head game in which you may look like a fool, but you have a great time anyways, or when you walk past the trees and you touch all of the different leaves because they feel differently, and then you notice the beautiful drops of water on the bus window as the lights shine through them and they glimmer. Or maybe it's those little moments when you feel like you can fly because... well just because! Or when you turn your papers in! Or when somebody defends you in a difficult situation, especially when you don't know how to best defend yourself. Or that moment when you are approached by the cute little Spanish lady with a red hat and lips and black hair, who talks to you all about the economy, Spain, the other countries, politics, Australia, her children and their lives, and would you like me to walk you home under my umbrella since it's raining so hard? Yes, I met her. She is a sweetie... and I didn't mind that I was able to talk about all of those things in Spanish :) Or else it's when you stop by the bakery and pick up a farton (far-tone) because they are the MOST delicious thing you have had in Spain, even better than Napolitanas... and you only have a couple of weeks left. Maybe it's that moment when you have the chance, at the end of every day, to lay your head against the soft pillow that so many in this world don't have. Or the chance to take a shower without turning the water off and on so you don't waste any. Or the moment when your Spanish mamita gives you besitos, just when you need them. And has lentejas ready for you to eat when it's time to break your fast. Or that moment when you look online and see a quote from the leaders of your church that word for word answers a difficulty or question you had that day. Or when you finally finish the letter/birthday card/present that you have been working on for a month and send it off to your sister in Scotland! One of those very special, sacred moments when your Stake President looks at you, through a screen, but with the Spirit undeniably present, and states with the authority of the keys he holds, that even if you have certain things that might 'hold you back' from serving anywhere in the world, it really doesn't matter, because the Lord has been prompting you to serve a mission all year... and so He already knows where you need to go. There's no jinxing it, and there will be no disappointment. Only correctness, and people who need my personality and testimony. Or there are always those moments when you can't deny the Lord's spirit is with you- because though it is quiet, you don't feel alone. I can go on and on. I am so blessed. And I see it in the little things, like a baby on the street who holds eye contact with me and is a testament of purity in this ever darkening world. Or a hug from a friend, when all is forgiven. Life is beautiful. Life is beautiful, absolutely.
A friend on Facebook stated:
Finally found my keys after like three weeks!! Heavenly Father may not always answer our prayers right when we want, but he always does =)
Not a big deal... but such a big deal. One more time before I go? Life. is. Beautiful. I love the Lord. Good night :) <3
No comments:
Post a Comment