As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, we believe in modern revelation. We believe that there is a living prophet on the earth today. Why do we belive that? Because we know tha God is constant and that it doesn't matter what age or time we are in, he will always reveal his gospel to his children, just like it was revealed in Bible times, and throughout the world. Evidence for this? The book of Mormon. When anyone reads with an open heart, wanting to know if it's God's word, and ponders on he message, and prays to know if it is true, the will receive an answer from God. And I know that the answer will be that it is true.
I know that because I have done that. I am out here saying this same message to people ever day, and every day that I read and study more of God's word, the stronger my convictions grow about the Book of Mormon and a living prophet on the Earth. I find joy in contacting people on the street; I've found power in being sincere and telling them about how this gosple has changed my life. Sometimes people seem to be a little annoyed that some religious lady is wanting to talk to them, but I've realized what my purpose is, and it's bigger than pleasing everyone I come in contact with.
Not much happened this week; we had the opportunity to do several exchanges while missionaries were coming in and out of Morristown for meetings and trainings. With each missionary I learned about the love that we must share for each person we meet.
We have been teaching a family once a week, and they have been progressing well. They are a new couple with a 9 month old baby. They accepted the fact that all of the miracles of Christ could not only be held in the bible, and that God would reveal his gospel to every people, including the ancient Americans. They were silent and reverent as we spoke about God calling another prophet, jsut as he did in ancient times, named Joseph Smith, to bring his full gospel to the Earth with authority. And then they accepted the invitation to come to church.
Miraculous, the fact that they knew another family that attends in our branch. Miraculous also, the fact that they were outgoing and comfortable enough to share in lessons and speak with other members. Miraculous, but not coincidence. This family has been prepared to receive the fulness of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I am so grateful for the honor to teach them. I cannot deny the power of the Holy Ghost as it works through me to tell me the words I need to use when I teach them in lessons. I cannot deny the light of familiarity that shines in their eyes when they hear about living with their Father in Heaven before this life, about a loving Father who has known them for an eternity, who has sent them here to progress and become like Him.
I am excited as I pray that they will accept the gospel in it's entirety, and I was so grateful that this week, we could take them to the House of worship... the church :) That is where people feel the different spirit that the Restored gospel of Jesus Christ brings.
I love this work with all of my heart. Bring on another week- I can't wait to continue to be an instrument in the Lord's hands.
Love,
Hermana Millward
![]() |
| Sister Orton and I, in for another transfer in Morristown. Wouldn't have it any other way; I love her and this place! |




No comments:
Post a Comment