Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"Measuring Success"- Email 08/26/2013

I am so grateful to be where I am this week. The people here in Morristown are amazing. We are teaching a family who are newly married and have a 9 month old baby boy named Antonio. He is the cutest baby ever and he has the fattest cheeks and biggest ears!!! And hugest brown eyes. His Dad is Dominican and his mother is Colombian and we are so excited to teach such a prepared family. Last night as we taught the Plan of Salvation, something happened! They asked a question, and I was able to point out the exact scripture that answered their question, word for word! I know, you are all probably just as excited as I am about that! Stop jumping up and down, I have to finish the story! I came out on my mission with personal experience, and testimony. I knew that I had very little scriptural knowledge. Since the beginning of my mission I have really wanted to be able to teach through the words of the prophets, the words of the scriptures, because I know how powerful those words can be. And I have been working so hard to be able to know the scriptures better to be able to do that! Here I am, however many months later, and I finally did that for the first time! And so today, to celebrate, I am going to read a bunch more about Aaron and the sons of Mosiah teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the Lamanite People! I know, couldn't think of anything better, right?! But honestly, I feel like I myself am just now discovering the Book of Mormon for the first time. I feel so happy when I read it; My mind is clear, and I understand the words. I know that God would tell me if it were right or wrong, and that he would tell me by my feelings. In my life, I have felt the happiness that is temporary, and of the world. It's like a roller coaster- it feels great, but the ride is only 2 minutes long. When I read the Book of Mormon, I feel lasting happiness, happiness that carries me throughout the day and I feel satisfied, and like I want more. I feel a thirst to know more about Jesus Christ and the stories contained in the scriptures! And I know that that is good and right. And so, I know that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ, because I have read it and I have asked God to know. I am independant of anyone else's testimony on that. So, if you would like to know more about Jesus Christ and about God's love for you and for all man kind, you can request your own copy onmormon.org. Do it; read about it, and pray about it. And then God will let you know if it is good. I promise you, it is.
The Church is true, the Book is blue... and I'm so grateful to share this message with everyone!
Love
Hermana Millward


Driving home through my old area after stopping at the philippino bread house in Jersey City! Love that bread, way to much. Pan de sal... soooo good. 10 rolls for $2.50

Sister Trias and I. We have lived together these 3 transfers... she is philippino and I love her!

I was wearing the right color, so I figured I'd pose like the Statue of Liberty.

No comments:

Post a Comment