But it's been a while :) I figure this is a nice way to keep a different type of record of my life, so I might as well write down a little bit of what I've been up to.
I saw this boy:
The one on my right, the left of the picture. I saw him after 9 months of him finishing his mission and me getting well!! You notice I am in a wheelchair in this picture- this was taken at the airport the day these two good friends of mine dropped me off to go on my merry way home. Well here's us, 9 months later:
Isn't that a happy reunion?! I mean, I personally like the pixie cut grow out and wheel chair in the first picture much better, but in the second, I am walking and wearing heels, and they have both finished their missions, and I actually have a hair cut that counts as hair! I love them both for helping me when I needed brothers. They were there for me :) So thanks, Colby and Tag :) You two are wonderful. Tag is still one of my very closest friends. He's the one on my left, to the right of the picture. They are handsome boys and I love them :)
What else? I have taken lots of tests. You guys, I have finally figured out what it means to study. Because it took me a while this semester to learn how again- I just did everything as fast as I could and tried to not be irritated when I had a lot of nutrition homework. But now I am finally seeing the promises fulfilled that I received in my blessings before I came down to school- that I would find the rhythm I had before my mission, that I would find I would excel in my schoolwork and as I served, I would find more energy.
Welp turns out that I found out once again that the blessings promised us in priesthood blessings are true! I have run about 5 miles in the past week, you guys! And I am still walking! And today, my nap was ten minutes long. In the library, on my coat arm. And you know what? I walked around with pride at the lines on my face. Why you ask? Because it meant that I never went home and slept for 3 hours in the middle of the day! Ha!
I was reading in John 11 today, the story of Lazarus. The Lord, Jesus Christ, allows Lazarus to die. Why? He weeps at the pain his dear friends experience- he even 'groans within himself' but as he performs the miracle he states a couple of times that it is for the purpose that "the Son may be glorified."
I guess this is silly, but I applied that to myself. I was talking to a friend this week about how it hurt to have to come home early from my mission- that I knew that for the rest of my life I would tell people I served a year, not 18 months. And that I couldn't understand why I wasn't being healed in the blessings, even though for much more minor sicknesses I have been blessed to be healed the next day.
I think that some people pass through trials in order to testify to others that Jesus Christ lives. Why pass through trials? To become better, not bitter. To help others see that we can find happiness through growth, personal and spiritual growth. I believe that that is true. And as we experience our own "Lazarus" experiences, we can know that the Lord weeps with us... and eventually all of the promises he has made will come to pass. We can rely on that. It may not come for you as quickly as mine has come for me, but it will come. God promises that- and I testify of it, as a humble follower and believer in Christ.
What else have I been up to you ask?! Let me show you!
This is Arthur. He's also from my mission. He's hilarious- and we went on a date :) Love this kid.
I have been to a couple of football games. Can I just say that we were far less freezing this night than the past weekend?! I had a snow coat, and a hat, and two hoods, and boots on... and I only made it to half time. I know, what a wimp!
Studying, a lot, with Hilary. She's special. I am a proud Mama (She's the sister I trained in the mission, now one of my best friends). We spend... a lot... of time together :)
Halloween dance! I had the opportunity to plan this activity! There were about 300 people there. It was huge! And I was Mary Poppins. It was so fun!!!
The Jersey Flag. Let's face it, I'm a Jersey girl at heart ;)
Recently I have battled my way through a nasty flu bug, but with much help from friends- I had so much fierce grape gatorade it was amazing! That is the nectar of the Gods! I have to admit I wanted to be with my Mom when I was barfing. Yes, barfing. Stinking flu.
I spent some time at home and saw a good friend, one sister who stayed with me in the hospital, come home from her mission. It's odd to see people I haven't seen since then- it seems to bring back some difficult feelings I had forgotten I had. Which is okay- it means that I am growing. My good friends have helped me through it all :)
And that's it :) Boring, huh? But there it is, sometimes, I think, we take boring life for granted. It can be a bit tumultuous when it's too exciting. I am grateful for the life I have been given. God loves us- He does.




No comments:
Post a Comment