Monday, April 15, 2013

"Growth" -Email 04/15/2013

For real, this is some serious growing that Heavenly Father is having me do right now.

This week I learned about the Atonement. I learned that I can't only tell people they need to apply it, but I need to learn to apply it myself. It has been amazing watching one investigator as she changes her life. Her name is Nelly and she is a mother of two children with a very unsupportive husband. She has such a desire to learn and she has just devoured the Book of Mormon. She finally came to church yesterday with her two kids. We were so happy to have her there! She told me afterwards that her husband and mother in law were making fun of her for going to church. I am just praying that the desire will continue for her and she can be strong even amongst her loved ones telling her she is being dumb.

We had 3 investigators at church yesterday and that was wonderful! One was Tommy- he got up and gave a talk on what he felt during Priesthood Meeting. It was so amazing to hear from him! He said a whole sentence up there :) I bought this random masculine CTR ring right before I left on my mission, and I didn't really know why but I felt like I should buy that one, even though it was a little tight. Turns out that I bought it for Tommy- yesterday I randomly couldn't find my pink one, and so I wore that one to church and when I saw him I knew it was his! Great, right?! Now he has his very own.

We are working with one member right now who is struggling to get over addictive substances. She has been clean for a while but is still going through the repentance process and I know that as she is struggling with this it is adding some anxiety and depression in her life. It has been so good though to see her strength and dedication as she continues reading the scriptures and always being at church.

We only have 2 weeks left of this transfer and I am amazed! Can you believe I am almost done training? I will forever be a greenie though- Greenie for life! That means I get to keep learning and progressing as much as I have the past 2 1/2 months :)

I want you all to know that I know that my Redeemer lives. I know that this church is His. I know that we have the authority of God again on the Earth. I know that the work done in the temples is for the eternities.

I am so grateful for all of the love and support and prayers. I can feel them and I need them.

Can't wait to get back out and go to work :)

Love Hermana Millward

PS No big deal, but my best friend forever and forever will be sealed for eternity this Friday. If you see her, would you mind giving her a huge hug for me? If all of you do it, maybe it will amount to how much I would squeeze her if I were home right now :) Love you Kirst, so much. You are in my prayers this week. You will be beautiful, just as always!


Me, Jonathon and Marisol. Marisol comes out with us all the time. She is an amazing young woman. And her brother Jonathon is adorable :) I love the people here.


Me, Sister Jeppson, and Sister Aldous, the doctor's wife who lives in SLC and who is officially one of my best friends after meeting at Zone conference. Lucky! Also she knows some Millwards in SLC, and apparently I look like them. Family connection?

No comments:

Post a Comment