This week was amazing and it feels like 12 years ago that I wrote my last email home. We had the opportunity to, as a companionship, go pick up Sister Boudasocque, and leave as a trio. She has added super awesome testifying power to our lessons and is learning about how hilarious we actually are, even though at first she just thought we were super weird.
We are visiting with Tommy tonight. He is progressing really well- he went to the priesthood session and he LOVED it! That boy. If only all of us could be like him. I super appreciate the fact that I had baptism at the age of eight and here he is working so hard for it at the age of 13. We have a plan to invite him to aim for the date of April 28th tonight, so we are praying and trying our best to be so obedient for more miracles for him. They will come!
Which reminds me... best talk ever by President Monson! Wasn't that amazing?! Goodness that is what I needed to hear. That is what I have learned as a missionary. I remember thinking all of my friends who were serving who were obsessed with exact obedience sounded sort of OCD (sorry, but honestly) and now here I am and it's completely my decision how obedient I am, but my obedience and efforts directly correlate with the mriacles I see for other people. And I am so motivated by the love I feel for the people that I have officially rededicated myself to even flossing daily and brushing my teeth every time I leave the apartment, because that is a rule! And anyways. I loved his talk. Miracles come with obedience. It's a formula. It's awesome.
We saw a miracle when we went to a members house to teach and her son, who got so close to baptism right before his father died, came out and showed a lot of genuine interest in the lesson. He is 20 and in school and his name is Louis. We immediately knew we needed to talk about the Atonement, and all of a sudden, he says, "It's like we can relate to Christ." And my companion looks at him and say, "It's like Christ can relate to us." It was a really powerful lesson- and Louis began to cry at one point. God loves him and we know he will find so much joy and comfort in really fully coming unto Christ and repenting every day. We love Louis.
I would like to point out that my sister got pooped on by a seagull this week, again. Laughing my head off. And the fact that my best friend is getting sealed for time and all eternity next week! I LOVE HER! And I am so happy for her.
We were able to really dig our feet into the branch this week as we visited with members who are all going through different things, including losing their apartments, having their children being taken away, divorce, unattentive spouses, etc. It's all hard; life is just hard. But life is beautiful because in every case we watched as their eyes were open, super inactive members came and listened, and nodded their heads as the spirit spoke to them, and we learned as they prayed. The people who have ntohing still feed us as we enter their humble apartments. They are such examples. I love missioanry work. I am so excited to continue it this week- I lvoe that we can help strengthen families through the gospel. This is where it's at! Pray, God listens. Keep up all the good things, get rid of the not so good things, grow closer to the Lord, and watch your heart and desires change. I have. It's real.
Love Sister Millward <3
![]() |
| Sister Herrera, Sister Boudasocque, and I. Love them. I am a true Latina now! |
![]() |
| We are brushing our teeth after every meal- that was the exact obedience goal for the day! YES. I felt super cool with my blue toothbrush hanging out of my bag all day. |


No comments:
Post a Comment