This week I did my first exchange! It went really well. I was so
thrilled to be able to talk with Sister Boudesocque (Buddha-sock) about
how she is doing as a missionary and in their companionship. It amazes
me how well God takes care of each of his children, through his
servants. Each of the companionships of sisters that we are over has
district leaders who are worried about and love them and also sisters to
take care of them, not to mention the Senior couple in each zone and
President and Sister Jeppson. We are well taken care of out here :)
I saw Sister Larsen this week at a practice and I was so excited to see
that giant halo of crazy blond curly hair again! I will just fuzz up
Brooke's hair when I get home I will be so happy to see her! Sister
Larsen's hair is just like that! We talked about the family that we
found on the streets of Bayonne about a month ago. It was a miracle find
and the whole family was golden. It turns out that after not being
available for a week, that family finally let the missionaries back in
and has decided that they will be getting married and the entire family
baptized by the end of February! I cannot explain how happy this makes
me. I could not have asked for a more meaningful Christmas gift. That
family may never remember me, but I will always remember them. I am so
grateful that I got to have the honor of finding and teaching them in
the beginning. I love this work, with all of my heart.
Here in Short Hills we had another miracle find this past week. We were
able to knock on a door and be let inside, to find a family that has a
recently arrived son from Guatemala who is 13. We taught them and
invited them to church. They were very open to what we taught; you could
see in their faces that they were pleased to hear the gospel. When we
went to church on Sunday
we found out that one of our members, a 13 year old, has been
translating for this same boy at school since he arrived and they have
been trying to help him feel comfortable in their new home! That was a
miracle. We are excited to move forward and help another family accept
the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Lots of exchanges this week, and then a musical fireside on Sunday in Union City. I am excited, I will be singing Mary Did you Know with 5 other missionaries- it's a gorgeous arrangement!
Love you all. This church is true.
Love Hermana Millward
No comments:
Post a Comment