Thursday, December 26, 2013

"Christmas Time!"-Email 12/23/2013


I am so grateful to have a full P Day today. The past 3 weeks have been full of surprises and events that have taken a large part out of our Pday, which makes it hard to keep going the rest of the week. Thank goodness we get to really rest today!

This week I got the chance to go on exchange with a Sister Training Leader who is in her 3rd transfer in this calling. Her name... Sister Willis! I was so excited to spend time with her and she shared a lot of great advice on how to best perform our calling and the most efficient ways to plan out exchanges, etc. Plus we had a great time together and she helped me out with some medicine since I have still been pretty sick lately. I am currently on a clear-liquid diet for 36 hours :) Yay. I don't know why but I have been feeling pretty yucky for a couple of months now. I am trying out a few different things to fix the nausea, etc, but it has been valuable for me to learn to work even when I don't feel good or up to it.

Also this week we had the chance to spend time as an entire mission celebrating Christmas! Alex Boye came, he is my mission president's son-in-law, and sang to us and spoke about setting high goals and expectations for ourselves, and seeing the value in the work that we do and who we are every day. It was really inspiring and so fun! He has a gorgeous voice and lunch was amazing! I loved seeing all of my friends from all over the mission, and I loved going back to the Morristown Chapel!

I just really have felt so blessed this past week. I have received so many cards and letters and packages and notes from so many loved ones at home. I don't know if I can express how much they all mean to me; they have helped me realize how blessed I am to have the support that I do and people thinking about me and praying for me. I have needed that many times on my mission, and I am so grateful for all of your support and prayers. I want you to know that I am giving my entire heart and mind, might and strength to this work. I am striving as hard as I can to be exactly obedient and I am sharing the gospel with as many people as the Lord places in my path. My mission has changed me so far; I am more the woman God wants me to be today than I have ever been. I am so excited for what the next few months hold in store!

May we always remember the love of the Savior and spread it to those who surround us as we share the fully restored gospel with them through small acts of service, and handing out mormon.org cards (I know all of you carry those with you wherever you go...)

I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God; it testifies of Christ. I have come closer to him through that Book than any other book. Read it, daily :)

Love you all,

Hermana Millward
 

No comments:

Post a Comment