Monday, February 3, 2014

"Christmas in the Mission Field!" -Email 12/30/2013

This week was amazing. I felt so grateful for how spoiled I was on Christmas Day! We had the opportunity to do some service and pull together a package for a member in need the day after Christmas and it was done Secret Santa Style :) I think the member really enjoyed the gifts! That was more exciting than anything to see the reaction at all of the wonderful gifts that us missionaries pulled together (anonymously) for him.

We saw a few Christmas miracles of course! We were able to invite a man on his step to be baptized! He accepted, with a date! He said he would love to be baptized January 26! I was on exchange with Sister who really wanted to talk to him when we saw him sitting on his step, so we went and taught him and that was the result! The funny part was that this sister I was with couldn't tell that he was super drunk and she didn't notice the overwhelming smell or cans spread out all around him. Haha it could have been more of a miracle i suppose if we were able to really talk to someone in their right state of mind :) I laughed really hard when we walked away as she realized he wasn't quite sober though.

We were treated well by members and I received more stockings than I have ever received in my life, and were able to go to dinners and parties. I hope that as we were spending time with members this week they were able to build more trust in us and really decide they wanted to give their friends to us as referrals! That's all I want for New Years!

I have learned about the importance of agency, the God given ability to everyone to choose, this week. How blessed we all are to have the opportunity to decide between good and bad, and thus decide our futures. I looked up Joy in the Guide for the Study of the Scriptures (in the back of the spanish book of Mormon) and the synonyms were obedience, to obey, and obedient. I have found that to be true. As we are obedient to gospel principles, we are able to feel more joy than otherwise possible.

I love the Lord! Let's spread his message more than ever before!

The Church is true :) And the Book of Mormon is the word of God. And Joseph Smith was a prophet.

Love
Hermana Millward

Spoiled at Christmas

My companion and I in the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment