We
taught our recent convert's son, Alejandro. He is about 17 and making
some scary choices right now in his life. We watched the mormon message
called "Mountains to Climb" and afterwards he began to ask very deep
questions on the purpose of life and what happens if, when we die, we
didn't have a chance to learn about or accept the truth. We talked about
the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how important faith is, but not only
faith, acting upon that faith, because it's only through action that we
can repent and use the Atonement that Christ did for us- it's through
repentance that our pains and sins can be healed completely :) It was an
amazing lesson and I know that Alejandro will be baptized and choose
Christ. If not while I am here, one day he will. He knows that the
church is true, he just needs to get the courage to change his habits.
He talked about feeling lost when he wakes up in the morning and not
feeling happy. The gospel is what makes us happy; it is what give us
peace! One day he will apply that. I know that that is true.
While
on exchange this week with a sister, I had the opportunity to really
feel like God had chosen me specifically to bless her life. She is
having a very hard time right now and cried during most of the 24 hours
we were together. Because of the hard things that I have gone through
while on my mission, I was able to talk to her about applying the
Atonement of Jesus Christ, and what it means to really repent; that it
isn't negative, but it is our way of acknowledging that we have done our
best and that we want the Lord's help to become better. That repentance
is a daily thing that helps us to reach our full potential! I think
that she was very grateful to see that she could enjoy the work as she
applied the Atonement, because once someone has felt that joy that comes
from being cleansed of sins and having pains taken from them, all they
want to do is share the gospel! That is exactly what will happen!
The
other miracle I wanted to talk about was when we went to teach a
potential last night. Her name is Jasmin and she is from Oaxaca, Mexico.
As we entered her home, she was very timid. She would not open up to
us. As do most hispanics that I have met, she expressed a deep love for
God and gratitude for his blessings. She showed reverence to us as His
servants. I wish I could be so humble as are most of the hispanics that I
have met- they know God exists, they don't question it or assume they
are better than Him or can live without Him. They acknowledge His hand
always. Anyways, we asked her if she had ever prayed alone, and gotten
an answer from God. As our Father, He wants to talk to us. She said she
had not. We invited her to pray right then and there with us. She said
no at first; we explained what a unique opportunity it is to pray to God
and express to Him the feelings of our hearts. My companion offered a
simple prayer. I offered a simple prayer. Jasmin was nervous- she did
not want to pray. She finally said she would try after about 15 minutes
of being on our knees. We bowed our heads, and waited. about 60 seconds
later, she opened her mouth and began, "Querido Padre Celestial." I have
never felt like that as I have heard those words. I have uttered them
hundreds of times myself- but I felt so strongly that God had been
waiting to hear from His daughter, and that He was so pleased to finally
hear from her. I loved helping her pray to Him.
One
more miracle. Our recent convert came out to teach a potential
investigator with us this week. The man we taught with our recent
convert, Olman, ended up being very rude and unkind to us about what we
had to say and what we were trying to teach him. We then went and
visited with Olman, the recent convert, afterwards, to see how he was
feeling and to talk about Joseph Smith. The Spirit was strong as we
watched the Restoration video (http://mormon.org/beliefs/ joseph-smith)
and he could not deny the spirit that came into the room. I know that
Joseph Smith was a prophet of God because of the peace that I feel every
time I testify of him. Other people try to tell us we are wrong, but
the contention that is in their voices never helps me to feel Gods love.
I know that God loves us and has called a prophet today.
Love you all. Love the Gospel. Share it! Read the Book of Mormon. Ask God- He will answer.
Love
Hermana Millward
Alma 7:11-13
No comments:
Post a Comment