Last night as I ran out of the apartment complex like a whirling dirvish, ripping my jacket on over my arms and trying to talk to my friend on the phone who was there to pick me up at the same time, I was slightly flustered.
I whipped past the first counselor in our bishopric who was standing in the hall and just as I passed him, my friend on the phone said, "Come on, Elise, I know you're in there kissing a bunch of boys right now, but I've been waiting out here for a while now! Pick it up!"
In all my sassiness I replied, loudly, "Tag, just because I've been in here kissing boys all night doesn't mean that you have to be rude about it!"
The boy in my ward that was standing there with the bishopric member was surprised, I'm sure, and said, "You've been kissing boys?"
I gave no response... it barely registered until we were driving away that he had said anything.
Also... I didn't quite catch the bishopric member's face as I left them in the dust.
I just wanted to record that for posterity's sake- yes, I still do ridiculous things every day. I won't be surprised when my name comes up in ward council as a girl who 'could use some good girl friends.' Hahahaha I love hilarious moments.
Here's to repairing an accidentally trodden on reputation!
No comments:
Post a Comment