Can I just say that I have so far to go? As a missionary there is always
something more you can be doing to be exactly obedient, always
something you can perfect about the things you think and say, always
more you can be doing to be working hard. The Lord taught me through
revelation this week that I have been called of Him, and that I must
give myself to Him in order to become the missionary He needs in
Bayonne.
We had the opportunity to teach a few less active
families/individuals this week. We met with Ashley, a 13 year old girl
who has had an insanely difficult year beginning with the loss of her
mom and other things. We got to spend time in her home helping her use
the Personal Progress manual. We finally had another appointment with
the Familia Robles, who have a non member son and who don't ever come to
church. We walked in and were bold- we made it clear that we were not
there to bring them happy fuzzies and go on with their lives. We made it
clear that we were there to guide them to become an eternal family who
is unified in the gospel, renewing covenants weekly, and who has a
strong knowledge of their purpose as daughters and sons of God.
We also met with the familia Tepoz, another less active family who
is going through a very difficult time. We ate their delicious homemade
Mexican food and taught them about Family Prayer. There is a scripture
in 3 Nephi 18:21... did you know praying as a family is a commandment?
Now you do. Do it! I am just now realizing how unified my family was
because of family prayer- we left the day having begun it as a family
with God, and knowing every single person's difficult things that day
and having a prayer in our heart that we could all get through okay.
We are praying for a miracle for Tommy. The Lord answered our
prayers and we were able to meet his father, briefly, because he was
basically running away from us as we tried to make small talk. But we
knelt in prayer with Tommy and as he prayed for help to be brave and
talk to his father about baptism, the spirit was present. In Moroni
7:33-34 it says that with Faith, God will do all that is expedient in
him... let's face it, Tommy getting baptized is expedient unto the
Father. So it's going to happen. I know it. Plus Tommy is a rockstar in
the faith department.
We finally contacted a street contact given to us by the Elders in
Bayonne- her name is Nelly. She is going through a very difficult time
with her family right now. We know that she has been prepared by God to
receive us. It is incredible that those that are prepared recognize us
as servants of the Lord and immediately open up their hearts and homes
to receive us and the message we bring.
We also got a phone call from Erika, a door contact from a couple
of weeks ago, saying that she had just gotten her wisdom teeth out and
couldn't see us for our appointment. I was amazed that she was coherent
enough to talk to us because in my experience (REBEKAH) people don't
usually sound like themselves right after that surgery. But she was so
desperate to see us- she began to cry saying she knew we were the real
thing and that she knew this was a sign from God. She has told us a
little about her faith and she tries so hard with the truths that she
has been given but I know that she will feel so much joy from having the
full gospel of Jesus Christ in her life! How beautiful this message is,
that God lives, and is the same yesterday, today and forever!
I love the work. I am trying my very hardest to be better and to be
the missionary that I would want to be teaching my dearest friends. I
am studying hard and I am seeking the Spirit when I testify. It's such
an incredible thing to become the mouthpiece of the Lord when He has a
message to get across- I know I have been called by Him and I know this
is His work, not only spreading tidings of gladness about some of the
wonderful things that other churches have to offer too but helping
people realize that the full gospel is united in one church, just as it
was always meant to be and has been in every dispensation since the
beginning of time!
Do I need to say it? The gospel is true, and I love it.
Love Sister Millward <3
![]() |
| We found the mouse that was running around the apartment :0) |
![]() |
| And then I found one outside on the sidewalk :0( |



No comments:
Post a Comment