Wednesday, March 13, 2013

"Murrracle" -Email 03/11/2013

Hola Familia!

Turns out my companion and I have a mean Irish accent, considering all of the Irish pride happening around here lately I fit right in! Seriously, it took us 40 minutes to find parking and then walk up a huge hill yesterday for church because there was this huge Irish parade and people wearing green and men wearing kilts everywhere. Dear Brookie... I had you on my mind :) I took some fabulous videos that accidently were too close to my face so you will all get a nice look at my nostril if you see it. Lucky you!

This week we were cancelled on so much. And my companion was sick. And I was sick. And it snowed and was so slushy.... and blah blah blah. The complaints could go on and on but the point on the complaints is to show you the miracles that happen when we tell the Lord we will be obedient and faithful anyways! We are focusing on teaching the Doctrine of Christ, that is faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end (2 Nephi 31: 11-12). As we teach, we always ask for referrals. And this week we got 5 referrals from one member. Want to know why? Because we asked the Spirit to be there and we listened to what the Spirit wanted us to say. When we asked she just started reeling out all of these names! And that's not even the miracle! Two weeks ago we were knocking doors and really felt like we needed to stop at this green house... so we did. We knocked and knocked. No one answered, but we knew we should come back. When we followed one of the referrals from this week, we ended up... at that green house! The woman inside was going through some very difficult things, and apparently she had been praying that God would guide her the morning that we called her to set up the appointment. The Spirit was very present as we talked and she said afterwards that her questions had been answered word for word. She came to church yesterday and her and her son can't wait to be baptized. We love Mayra! Her sister in inactive but was there for the lesson too and will hopefully be coming back to church. Another one of the referrals came to church and she said that she can't wait to be baptized either... so we are excited to meet with her too. People are made humble so that they may be made whole.

We went to Carlo's Bakery last week. Probably the most exciting thing I've ever done. I ordered a Conoli (sp?) and it was DELICIOUS! Unfortunately I love sweet things. I also got a mini dark chocolate mousse cake. It was as scrumptious as it sounds.

We are still working with Tommy. He is 13 and wants to be baptized so badly. We are going to meet his Father and hope to soften his heart towards the church. We fasted and are praying for a miracle. Whenever there is a little rule we are feeling too lazy to keep, we fist pump and yell, "FOR TOMMY!" For Tommy. I love that boy.

Please, don't judge me if I gain 83492950 pounds. The hispanic culture shows love through making food apparently. And we show them love by eating it. And if that means 3 huge dinners a night and not being able to sleep because you are so full, then so be it.

I love the Lord. He is so close. Talk to Him. I have restarted the Book of Mormon and am loving reading about Nephi and Laman and Lemuel. Laman and Lemuel are convinced of the truth and reality of the Lord, and then they say it's all fake! Like 18493 times! So here's my challenge: Let's not do that. It's dumb. Let's just remember our answers and stay faithful even when things are hard. Because the Lord has always been there and will always be there... and that's all we need to know.
Love you all. Love New Joisey.
Hermana Millward <3

One SWEET view of The CITY!

Carlo's Bake Shop!  (For those of you who are fans of THE CAKE BOSS!)

No comments:

Post a Comment