I
have grown to thirst for the word in a way that is inexplicable because
I am studying for others, but I am getting so much out of it for
myself. The Lord loves us so much- he has given us so much to help us
get back to him. I love that we have 2 hours every week to be on Mormon.org,
getting to know the site so that we can refer other people to it and
tell them about videos. There was one video that was so inspiring this
week. It is called Mountains to Climb. Look it up- I loved it! And it is
just a testament that everyone has different difficulties, all that are
hard for them but all can be guided by the Lord. This video is based
off of a talk by President Eyring, given last April in General
Conference. Love that talk! If I could pick a favorite apostle, which of
course I would never do hahaha, I would pick him! He is so powerful and
I always seem to have really big spiritual impressions when I listen to
him.
So many little miracles this week.
Driving here is INSANE and I am definitely feeling the help of the Holy
Ghost as I drive these crazy narrow streets! Heavenly Father has also
helped us to find 11 new investigators this week, and teach over 20
lessons. I experienced being rejected at doors lots this week. Some
people don't even open them, and we have our opening conversation
through the door! Haha it's pretty hilarious. I am so excited about some
of our new investigators. We really haven't gotten far with any of them
because all we did this week was find, find, find but this coming week
we will hopefully have some more actual sit down lessons and be able to
follow the inspiration of the Holy Ghost to know what to say to touch
these people's hearts!
So one of the people we visited with
last night is named Beljica, which is actually Belgium (sp?) in Spanish.
Unique, right?! Well her middle name is Irlanda, so I've officially
decided my firstborn, boy or girl, will be blessed with the name of
Belgium Ireland.
Kidding. I might go for Spain United States of America though!
Anyways,
Belji. She is such a sweet lady and we had the opportunity to teach her
and her mother, Victoria. They are devout catholics and seem open to
hear about many religions but didn't like that in the past missionaries
have asked her to be baptized. Hermana Herrera and I are excited to
really study and pray to know what to say to touch her heart and help
her to know that this is the Lord's gospel on the Earth, restored once
again!
I saw miracles as we contacted on the
street! I am a pro contacter, except I always mess up the part that
comes after "Hello." Working on that.... One man, when we said, "Hello,
we want to give you a picture of Christ." Stared really close at the
picture and walked away, not happy with us. I am good at shoving it
kindly into people's hands though :)but she gives me and my companion
little smiles and big huge hugs. We get to continue teaching her recent
convert lessons. Also Chelsea, the 13 year old who was baptized last
week, will be confirmed this coming Sunday and we had the opportunity to
teach her over the phone about confirmation and the gift of the Holy
Ghost.
The thing I love about this gospel is
that it is for everyone. Share it, even if you are nervous. This gospel
is the answer to so many people's "hollow feelings" that they may not
even know they have! But this is the answer. The Lord loves us. And I am
so excited for another week of finding and teaching!
Oh...
shout out to my best friend, Kirsten Curtis, who will officially be
getting married in one month and 15 days. Insane. Love her.
Love Hermana Millward <3


No comments:
Post a Comment