Tuesday, March 19, 2013

"Keeping it Real" -Email 03/18/2013

This week has been amazing.
I continue to grow in my testimony as I study each day and watch the hand of the Lord in so many ways!
Elder Christofferson came to New Jersey this week, he's from Brunswick, so he was excited to come here. He spoke to only the missionaries on Saturday. I was lucky and got to sit on the front row, just to the right of the pulpit. As he walked in and we all stood, I got so excited! We shook his hand and then the meeting began. he spoke to us for an hour. And we got to do a question and answer period. He spoke on his mission and on humility. He spoke on being an apostle and his experiences with the prophet. All of my questions and concerns were resolved in this meeting and I felt very strongly that he is an apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ. At one point he asked the missionaries their opinion on what humility was, and I was brave and stood up and answered... and then he said, "Yes, that is good. But don't be too proud of your answer!" Haha we all laughed and I awkwardly sat down as I tried not to trip over my bag.
We also got to see him in Stake Conference. It was a very uplifting meeting and I am so grateful that we got to see him.
This week we did our first exchange- which means my companion switched with someone else and I ran our area for a day. It went well! We had a couple of very powerful lessons while they were gone and I extended my first invitation for baptism! Guess who accepted?! That's right, the lady I asked. It was special. We saw her again Saturday and she is still so happy and looking forward to it.
We are also teaching her sister right now and she is slowly moving towards having a date. I am so excited for them- you can see the happiness and the change in their face from the first time we met them. We went to her sister's house, her name is Mayra, Saturday night and had dinner... after we'd already eaten. And I felt like I needed to eat everything! Because the hispanic culture is that they get offended if you don't. I tried so hard but was in pain by the time we left and I didn't even finish the whole plate. Bah! Oh well haha. It was good though!
We also taught her six year old daughter how to pray. She is so sweet and has so much faith. We are really excited about these two families!
As we left Mayra's house (Hermana Herrera basically was rolling me down the street I was so full) we had a strong impression to knock once more on a house across the street that was a former's house. In her record it talks about how she wanted to be baptized but her husband wouldn't let her, and how she couldn't leave him. We were welcomed into her house, though, and she said a couple of times how she was finally conquering a huge trial and how it was just her and her children at the house. Can I get a WOOT WOOT?! The Lord is at work in Bayonne!!! We will be seeing her again this week, and had a spiritual lesson on prayer. One of the notes we left her was hanging up on the wall too- she remembers us. :)
After being so sick last Monday I got an amazing blessing. The Lord is so aware of me. Often I feel like I am inadequate, but I have felt many times this week that He is so pleased with my work and my progress.
My companion and I have a blast too, which is so great. Laughter helps me to keep being happy, and let me tell you.... we are laughing all the time!
The Spirit is real. Heavenly Father is real. Jesus Christ lives. This church is His.
Love, Hermana Millward <3


A View of the city. Gorgeous. We teach from the projects all the way to the super ritzy place here right on the Hudson.

Heart attacking the familia Tepoz.

No comments:

Post a Comment