Wednesday, June 19, 2013

"Training" -Email 06/17/2013

What a miraculous week!
We worked really hard this week to still make our goals even though we had two full days of Leadership Training on Friday and Saturday, and we actually were able to! It was amazing to watch as this month's focus in our mission has been on goal setting and planning. We worked hard to set goals according to what the Lord wanted and then plan to meet those goals.
We were finally able to get into the two homes of the less actives that we have been trying to contact this whole month. We are so excited that they let us in and we ate with them (such a good sign) and then boldly told them that church was the first priority. It was interesting to note that they knew that we loved them and that was the reason why we were so firm in inviting them to church. Did they come? ... No. Ha. Except I know that the spirit was felt while we were there and I have no doubt that this coming week we will see them there :) I have found with missionary work that the more you focus in on those few that need your help, the further those will go. I think that I find more satisfaction out of that then having such a huge broad range of investigators and not being able to really focus on any of them or visit them enough. But we did have too much to do on Saturday night so we had to go on splits ;) That felt good!
We had Leadership Training this week. That is when all the new missionaries and their trainers come together to learn about all the different sections in the 12 week training program that we go through together in their first twelve weeks. I loved working with other missionaries and I was able to feel strong in my teaching as I was bold and loving. I believe that that changed my teaching a lot after I was able to learn with other missionaries.
I guess that's a pretty small letter huh? Well some juicy things that happened would include helping Neena, our recent convert, get her temple recommend! She will be going to the temple to do baptisms this Saturday. That is real conversion. And also the fact that I had to sing a solo in front of 100 other missionaries, and my mission president (who sang in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir) this week during our training. Uhhhhh. Haha. It was fun :)
Love you all. Thank you so much Sister Jacobsen and Dottie for the cards this week! I LOVED them! I love and miss you both so much :) <3 And Kaders. Wow what a cutie pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment