First- a disclaimer from the Mom who can't figure out how to get the
pictures off her e-mail this week....I'm dying to see them myself.
Hopefully, a more computer savvy child will arrive on the weekend who
can help me figure out how to forward them on. Sister Millward had a
wonderful birthday! Thanks to all of you who thought of her!
This week we did a lot of work. Tons. Haha imagine that! But really, it
felt like we worked hard and were so focused this week! It felt amazing-
we tried so hard to get team ups, and to get into the homes of members,
and to invite the spirit so that people realize the importance of being
baptized and the truthfulness of this church.
Welp. Unfortunately we had a grand total of 1 team up! We lost our
investigator who was on date for baptism next week, we found 3 potential
investigators that all had to be given to other missionaries because of
language or area, and there were only 28 people at church on Sunday!
Hahahahaha. It's hilarious sometimes how hard you work and how little
you see. We also accidentally texted all of our super low numbers to the
wrong telephone number instead of our district leader, so now the
elders in our branch know everything about our stinkin week of trying
our hardest and just sort of missing the numbers mark.
This week was good though. First of all, thank you so much to all of you
who remembered my birthday with a card or gift. I LOVE all of the
jewelry I got- so cute! I really don't think people can understand how
much a little card or letter means to a missionary unless they have been
on a mission. I really appreciated all of the cards, so much. I am
taking time today to respond to those individually, and if I don't get
them all today, I'll be sure to keep working on it every Monday until I respond to everyone!
Second, we locked ourselves out of our apartment Sunday
Morning and ended up finding out that our apartment is super easy to
break in to, from the window to the room we study in. We met a turtle on
the sidewalk as we went to break into our apartment, and we both
laughed at how ridiculous it was that my companion climbed up to the
second floor on a fire escape ladder, in a skirt, while we were late to a
meeting.
We also went to the temple this week! It was such a blessing to sit in
the celestial room, and to be able to go through the instruction we
receive there after such a long time not being able to attend, and after
spending so much time learning about the plan of Salvation from Preach
My Gospel and our purpose on the Earth. It was such a fun visit, we
found a ton of other missionaries from other parts of the mission, lots
of old friends there too. We also walked back through Times Square :)
Loved it!
The Broadcast on Sunday
was exactly everything that has been going through my head for the past
2 transfers. The best missionary work is done through the members! We
are really going to have to work hard to be able to get our members to
this understanding and to help them help us fill our appointment books.
The members should be the finders, and the missionaries the teachers. It
is best that way! I have a testimony of that. I know that this church
is true. I know the Atonement is real. And I know that there is purpose
behind trials- we learn from hard things, and then we come out stronger.
I love the Lord with all of my heart. Alma 7:11-13
Hermana Millward
No comments:
Post a Comment