Saturday, November 9, 2013

"Catching UP!" -Email 10/28/2013

BAYONNE!  I love this place.

We have seen so many miracles this week.

1: We visited a less active woman who I used to work with last time I was here. She hasn't come to church in a few months, and her recent convert son (who we started teaching back in March) has been MIA too. We visited her and she began to cry- apparently they have had some really serious financial problems and she had been working every Sunday to try to make up for the money they were missing. We told her we would go home and pray and plan and study and  come back the next day with a message for her.
The next day as we entered the house, we shared 3 Nephi 13:31-33 with her, and she began to cry. We then turned to 3 Nephi 24:10 and she looked at us as though a light had gone off. It was amazing how peaceful it felt to know that there was a simple answer. The Lord blesses us for exact obedience, and if she felt that she was missing blessings, she needed to keep certain commandments she hadn't been keeping. She committed to pay her tithing, and we promised that the Lord would follow through on his promises also.  I know that that is true.

2: We went to a potential investigator's home on Monday evening to teach her the first lesson. It was amazing to me as she spoke that she has been completely prepared by the Lord to receive the gospel. In other words, she said things like, "I have been feeling lately like I need to know what the right path is." And "I know that what my friends do, like drink, is only temporary fun and I know that I need to find lasting happiness." We shared the first lesson and have another appointment tonight. She accepted a baptismal invitation and tonight we will set a date for her to be baptized! I am so excited and feel so blessed.

3. The young boy who was run over by a car last week in still in the hospital. However, he is doing much better and continues to be stable. Incredibly, another woman from our area got into an awful car accident this week also and it has been amazing to see the people and members come together to bless these two families that need extra help at this time. I am grateful that the Lord has organized a church on the earth, that, though full of imperfect people, has an inspired organization and system so that all of his children can be taken care of, especially during times of need.

I love this work! Miracles continue to happen daily! Keep praying, and keep sharing the gospel by smiling and opening your mouth about the small miracles you see every day. Love you all.

Love
Hermana Millward

No comments:

Post a Comment