Saturday, November 9, 2013

"Back to Bayonne!" -Email 10/22/2013

Yes that is right! I am back in my first area! Anyone who has served a mission would understand what a bizarre feeling it is to just pass through an old area. Talk about bizarre, I am running around working it just like I did before!
Somethings have changed here, but a lot has stayed the same. I am grateful for the opportunity to get to work and to see the huge difference that has happened in myself as I spent time in another area.
My companion is wonderful, she looks just like Brooke but with blonde hair and acts just like Kirsten, so I am trying really hard to not get distracted every time I look at the person sitting next to me. She is an amazing and strong missionary and she has so much love for the people here in Bayonne. i am grateful to be learning from her.
As we have worked this week, we found one woman named Claudia. She is from Guatemala and has a 14 year old son named Sebastian who is also a new investigator. They are open to learning more about God and she is excited to attend the English classes on Thursday night. She is a single mom and I was amazed at the love I feel for her from God because when we teach her, I never have to wonder what to say. It all comes right to me, in a thought. I have learned to stop stressing about if I will say the right thing, because I know that God will just tell me. That's pretty nice, right?!
A young 6 year old boy from our branch spent his birthday in the hospital on Sunday after being run over by a car on Friday night. He has been in critical condition ever since. It's amazing to me that not one bone was broken, and his spine maybe has a small amount of bruising. The doctors say that death is still on the table, but the branch president gave him a priesthood blessing and was impressed to promise a full recovery. Although it may not be a quick recovery, we know that God keeps his promises, and we know that he will be okay. I am so humbled to be here in this area when a family I love so much is going through this difficult time. i was able to hold and love the 13 year old sister as she cried into my arms Sunday after sacrament. If anything, this week I really have learned about the love of the Savior as I have felt God work through me to comfort those that stand in need of comfort.
I love the work of the Lord. I love Bayonne, and I will do exactly what the Lord needs me to do here.
Love
Hermana Millward
Mosiah 4:9

No comments:

Post a Comment