Miracles this week! Like, all over the place! Haha we just are so
excited and happy to be part of this work in this area. Our district
leader said, "You two are like a miracle waiting to happen." And then an
Elder in the ward we work with throws his hands up in the air and goes,
"Man, you always have miracles to tell!" Well it might not always be
like this, but I am glad to be part of such a miracle filled time right
now.
I will just share one from the week, although it was amazing to feel the
Spirit guiding us everywhere we went. I recall one morning this week
specifically getting all jumpy and excited because I couldn't wait to
meet all the people that the Lord would place in our path that day!
Anyways. So last Tuesday, we were walking out of a Walgreens after using
the restroom, ready to go contact a former investigator. There was a
lady and her two children in front of us, speaking Dominican Spanish
(love that accent) and we walked up to her and contacted her. She was
immediately very welcoming, and invited us in to her home. We sat down
and taught her about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ
through the prophet Joseph Smith. She accepted a baptismal invitation,
and we are planning on her baptism for the 1 of December.
Two days later, we went back, and her husband and two children were
there. Usually the husband doesn't like us, and we weren't sure about
the children's attitudes. But the husband was one of the most humble men
I had ever met in my life, and he also accepted the baptismal date of December 1. The children loved the message and will be baptized the same day.
We were really sad when they didn't show up to church, thinking maybe it
was too good to be true. However, we called them that night and they
said, "We got so lost! We went to place after place and couldn't find
it!" So they at least tried. We asked the 10 year old boy how he is
doing in his reading of the Book of Mormon, (the one with drawings), and
he said, "Oh, I am already on page 57!" Whoa! He loved it! He said his
little sister can't wait to read the ending. That is the best part :) We
had another appointment last night and as we walked into their home, we
taught the restoration again, this time to the young children. It was
amazing to me that the boy, Erick, began to relate the story of Nephi,
and Ammon, and Alma, and how all of this related to current days when
people decide to listen to prophets or not. And then when we began to
talk about Joseph Smith, he raised his hand and said, "I know how this
goes!" And he began to tell US the story of the first vision, and James
1:5, and then how we got the Book of Mormon.
I am honored to have the opportunity to teach a family like this, a
family that can one day be sealed in the temple. They are some of the
most humble people I have ever met. I can't wait for them to meet the
ward! This gospel will bless them so much! Wordss can't describe how
happy this makes me!
Love you all. I know the gospel is true. I know we have a prophet on the
earth today. The Priesthood is real- it has been restored. God loves
us. John 3:16-17 :)
Hermana Millward
No comments:
Post a Comment