Dia de Hispanidad is an annual event here for the Morristown Stake, where people get together booths and tables that represent all of their individual South and Central American countries that they came from. It was amazing! Everyone is so proud of their heritage and let's face it, all of the food was amazing! They also do presentations of cultural dances and poetry that represents their country. I got to be in Neena's poetry slam, posing as a mixed race girl who acted like I was better than Neena, because Neena has darker skin than I do. Weird right?! But I guess that's a big thing in Puerto Rico, that everyone is mixed and some people have to be reminded that it doesn't matter what color your skin is, you are still just as special and important as the person standing next to you :) So, I put on my best snob face and tried not to laugh as I acted like a stinker in front of everyone!
I am getting moved out of Morristown. Transfer conference is today so I have no idea where I am going. But I know that whatever happens, it will be exactly the right thing! I am excited for new adventures, even if I cried my eyeballs out saying good-bye to everyone last night. I have loved Morristown. I can't wait for new faces and experiences though! Faith, love and effort. Carry on, carry on, carry on!
Love
Hermana Millward
![]() |
| We have almost every country of South and Central America represented on our plates here. I thought that was cool! I will miss Sister Orton. She has been a blessing to me! |
![]() |
| Belia, a guatemalan member, at Dia de Hispanidad. I loved seeing everyone's outfits and dances. She's an amazing cook! |
![]() |
| One side of the gym. From left to right: Mexico, Peru, Colombia, Chile |




No comments:
Post a Comment