It turns out that every companion I have ends up having to go on
Prilosec, a drug for heart burn and digestive system problems. Don't ask
me how I do it, but I am a professional with that drug now- I know what
number of pills come in different packages, when the dosage should be
taken, and what it can counteract. My next companion won't even have to
call the nurse :)
Anyways, poor Sister Orton has
had some yucky digestive system problems and was lucky enough to go on a
clear-liquid jello fast for 36 hours this week! Isn't that lucky?! I
kept wanting to suggest going out for ice cream and things because she
wasn't feeling so good, and then I would realize that she wasn't feeling
good because all she had had for breakfast, lunch, and dinner was some
jello and 20 calorie chicken broth. Yum.
Thursday,
walking day, as usual turned out in a massive down pour. It was amazing
because the day before was a really heavy, hot, humid day, and then all
of a sudden on Thursday the rain was pouring like I'd never seen! One
Elder said it was just like Sandy last year, but instead of lasting for a
couple of hours it lasted 4 days. Can't wait for hurricane season :)
Besides
all of that, the work is progressing! I have really loved talking to
everyone on the street this week! We found 6 new investigators and
contacted like crazy. I was so happy about sharing the gospel I just
couldn't keep my mouth shut! I couldn't believe how many mormon.org cards
I went through this week. There were a lot of little miracles, like the
eternigators who have been taught for 10 years finally praying and
getting an answer about Joseph Smith, and running into people who had
juked or were just on the street right as they were going or coming.
The
Lord is aware of each one of His children, and He can't wait to bless
us. All we have to give Him is our heart, and He'll fill it up with
love :)
Love
Hermana Millward
| Alejandra turned 7 this week! We work a lot with her Mom, who is single and a hard worker. |
| Sister Willis and I on exchange- I lived with her in Jersey City and we have been in the same zone my whole mission. |
| Pretty much the whole branch that we work with here. I love all of these people! |
No comments:
Post a Comment