So this week we took a lot of time to do service. That included shoving a box spring into our little 2013 Corolla and driving a few miles with the trunk flung open, praying that we wouldn't cause an accident. No worries, the box spring was successfully delivered to the senior couple in charge of apartment moving.
We also spent time moving a senior couple out of an apartment and into another. Thankfully, the senior couple in charge of that is amazing and we heard stories from the Sister about being in the CIA and helping on secret missions while she was in the Air Force. Needless to say, my perspective on sweet Senior Missionary Sisters changed a little bit!
I was excited to go on an exchange this week with a Sister up in Dover. She was probably the sweetest thing I've ever met. I literally had to turn down my voice volume while I was with her and step lightly because when we were first together she got a shocked look on her face when I started to get really excited as I told a story. Anyone who knows me understands why me getting excited during a story can be a little overwhelming sometimes!
While in Dover, we got to do more service. This service including moving a huge pile of firewood from one place to the next. The sister for whom we did service was probably 5 feet tall and 60 years old, from Ecuador. She moved firewood, huge fat firewood, like a champ, while telling me to be careful so that I wouldn't hurt myself. I laughed really hard when she looked at me and said, "Wow. Tu Eres muy fuerte" (you're really strong) after I moved a fairly large piece. She stopped telling me to be careful after that. What can I say, when you're 2 times taller and not quite as fragile as 75% of the hispanic population that surrounds you, it's easy to look really strong. :)
All in all, the work is moving forward. We are excited to find more investigators this week and teach prepared people who are excited to receive the gospel.
I love the Lord and I know the power of the Atonement is real. I am so grateful for my mission!
Love
Hermana Millward
| With the Familia Padilla. These kids are hilarious! Their faith amazes me. They are from Honduras. |
| Diego, Neena's 5 year old boy, who is wearing a traditional Puerto Rican Hat. Everyone is preparing for the huge hispanic festival next Saturday- Diego will be doing a Puerto Rican dance! Can't wait! I love this boy. |
No comments:
Post a Comment