Thursday, October 3, 2013

"Patience" -Email 09/23/2013

I finished the Book of Mormon again this week. I read the whole thing focused on prayer. The more exciting part is that I started reading it again, now focused on patience! It's funny to me that I have really had to learned patience this week as we have been teaching and following up with the people we teach.
 
This week we had a few interesting experiences... Like hopping on the train to ride up to Boonton and were told that the trains actually wouldn't be going up that way this evening. So, we hopped off the next town over from Morristown and walked home, a few miles. Waste of time? I think not! There was a man on the 10 minute train ride who looked at us and said, "Mormons? I was taught by some of you back in college!" And we had a nice conversation about the fact that we don't drink coffee or tea. He was really excited to see us! But probably not as excited as we were to see him!
 
Then we had the opportunity to stay at the mission home this week for a night. That was exciting! I love seeing President and Sister Jeppson. We got fresh peaches for breakfast and slept in beds that smelled like bleached sheets, haha, like my companion said, "It smells like the temple here!" It was really nice to be in a home environment for a night, and have 'Mom and Dad' tell us good night :)
 
We also stopped by Elsa and Vicente's home, people we haven't taught for a couple of months but that we met back in May. It turns out that this whole time that we haven't been teaching him, Vicente has been reading in the Book of Mormon and is halfway done! The Lord does so much work behind the scenes that we don't even know about!
 
Other than that we are really focusing on helping every member of our branch feel love and understand what Christlike love is. It seems that our little branch needs some more of that, some more friendships, and some more tender love and care for everyone involved! So we started yesterday reading the Book of Mormon, one chapter a day, focused on love! I love this topic and we were happy to make a poster to help the branch track their progress each week.
 
I love the work!
 
The Church is true.
 
Love
Hermana Millward
 
 
The Poster we made to help the branch track their progress for the Book of Mormon challenge!
Family Home Evening with members in the branch.
The Relief Society learning about Disaster Preparedness- it's a lot more real here than it is in Boise! They are all prepared for the next hurricane, down to having homemade bars that will feed them for days and store for months. I'm ready!!!! I love these sisters.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment