Wow, it has been a week!
It started Monday with class, a delicious lunch by the one and only Maria, and then FHE and religion class. Tuesday we woke up and didn't have to go to class- it was a holiday in Alcalá, in celebration of Cervantes who wrote the novel Don Quijote. If you don't know what that novel is... look it up :) It's pretty important in the world of literature, and actually in he foundation of modern literature as we know it. And in themes in movies and pop culture. In other words... it's super relevant to your life and you don't even know it! Cool, huh?
So, seeing as how we had a huge test Thursday (our ONE midterm all semester- I know. Hard work) we stayed inside and had a study day Tuesday, in which Letty studied hard and I studied... and also wrote a letter, got on Facebook, emailed... and studied. Also. A lot. Heh.
We went out to the Medieval Festival that night that is going on in Alcalá right now, and enjoyed the sights, sounds, and Donor Kebabs of people that go all out in Medieval attire and behavior and are nothing like the people I generally strive to not get too close to (or maybe I just like to make friends with them: http://felizelise.blogspot.com.es/2012/05/greetings.html). It was awesome! The people were friendly, the food was great, and we went home super full and super happy.
Wednesday we had class, and we STUDIED more and more! I also ordered a special something for a special someone... but more on that tomorrow night, or maybe Sunday!
That night, we went to El Rey León, The Lion King broadway showing in Spanish! It was amazing, the costumes were incredible, and Simba=babe.
Maria, my host mom, also lent me her daughter's dress that is knee length and all black lace, which I paired with new red high heels (so much better than the ones I got over the summer. These are the ones I have been waiting for!) and some gorgeous vintage earrings of Maria's. I have to admit... I felt kinda pretty :) Maybe hot. But let's not get inappropriate here!
We loved the show and hopped ourselves on a night bus (KNIGHT BUS- HARRY POTTER ANYONE!) about 12:30 and got home by 2. Needless to say, my feet were killing me by the end of the night... and so I walked on nasty Spanish ground barefoot, the entire 45 minute walk from the train station to home at 1:45 in the morning. Needless to say, I washed and then burned off a layer of my skin in order to sanitize whatever my feet had on them before I went to bed. Don't be grossed out, I would have died walking 2 miles in those heels! I just didn't think ahead. It's not like I did tummy time or anything the sidewalk... DUH. (Probably not, anyways).
Well we all showed up to school in sweats lookin like grease monkies for our test the next morning, ACED it DUH and then took nice fat siestas. We went to the festival again last night, I got a flower medieval crown and some chocolate, and then we made our way home and were up by 7:30 this morning (by mistake. we SHOULD have woken up by 6:45 at the latest) to be at the train station by 7:45. Remember how long that walk was? Yeah... luckily we made the second bus, even though today was another holiday and the buses run less than normal, and we made it to the Bus by 8:15... not too shabby? Heh? We weren't even the last ones there!
Unfortunately, we were all DEAD from the long week and I'm sure we all could have appreciated Ávila more. There was an amazing wall and another beautiful cathedral, that I ran out of as I almost vomited. So... it's been a rough day. But we'll do dinner in an hour and be spending the day in Salamanca tomorrow. Hopefully, I won't have any unwanted body fluids come out of me during the tour. I'll let you know... unless you don't want to know. I'll take your silence as consent to finding out what happens.
Oh, and excuse the lack of pictures. My computer has refused to let me open iPhoto for about a week... and then my camera stopped turning on. So, technology issues. Health issues. But hey... I'm in Spain :) And my family loves me. And I've got a few more talks to listen to for General Conference. Life. Is. Good. Love the Lord, love you all, even if you think I'm gross after this post. When I'm honest, I'm honest, and let's be honest... this post was nothing but truth :) Love you all, enjoy your days <3
No comments:
Post a Comment