Monday, January 7, 2013

Quotation Nation

Elise: Mom, would you like this caramel dessert?
Mom: No, it's not brown enough.
Elise: That's what I say about all the boys at BYU.

Rebekah (high on medication after getting her wisdom teeth removed): Elisssee is missingh all the ffffun!
Mom: Where is she?
Rebekah: She'ssss in the temple! She is jussss being selfishhh.
Mom: Rebekah!
Later...
Mom: Rebekah, which boys do you like right now?
Rebekah: Tha's too hard Mom, I like like a hundrud.
Mom: Like who?
Rebekah: Blah blah, blah blah, blah blah.... *concerned look on face* oh wait, not him. Blah blah, blah blah.
Mom: Which basketball player do you like?
Rebekah: Blah blah. He givess the best hugs. When he hugs you, the whole world goes away. You should hug him sometime. My husband has to hug like that.
(Give me a break, you actually think I would give out the names of all the specific boys she likes?! Maybe if you ask me personally, though... ;) )

Elise, helping Rebekah with pre-calculus: If you look at the Periodic Table...
Rebekah: Uhhhhh
Elise: Oh. I mean, if you look here at the Circle of Fifths...
*Still not right*
Burst of laughter from both.
Elise: Oh my! Okay. If you look at the Unit Circle...
Five minutes later: Rebekah, still laughing.
Yeah, she's usually the one laughing ten minutes after everyone else finishes.

Elise, showing her new (ahem not exactly fashion-y) mission boots: Hey, Zach, look at my hot new boots!
Zach's friend: Those are pretty nice.
Elise: Yeah, I know they're pretty ugly. But they'll keep my feet warm
Oh the life of a girl learning practicality in her wardrobe rather than 7 inch heels because they're gorgeous.

I'll think of more, I'm sure. We never have a dull conversation at the Millward house (let's face it, we all know that was a lie. But sometimes we're funny. Promise the next ones won't all include me either... heh heh sorry!)

Oh, and, PS: 29 days till I enter the MTC!

1 comment: