Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Playing Mommy

So I got to spend the weekend nannying!
Oh my it was so fun :) The little kids I nannied are just dolls. All blonde and blue eyed. One, who is 4, has these HUGE chubby cheeks, and the little girl is just such a little cuddler :) I was loving it. I got to sleep in the parent's big bed while they were out of town, and have my two sisters over at night for a huge sister sleepover (that bed could have fit all 8 people in my family in it, and we still would have been comfortable), and cook in the kitchen and keep the house clean, and help the little kiddies when they got sad, and the best part was when I was the target for their shooting practice- they have toy guns that look 'real' and have little red lights on the end. By 6:30 on Monday night (I'd been there since 1:30 on Friday afternoon, and their parents were coming home on Monday at 7), they had me running around the house as they shot at me, then turned into ninjas, as I held the baby on my hip and her pigtails bounced while I galloped around (out of breath, I might add) and yelled, "RETREAT! RETREAT!"

... That lasted about 5 minutes before I got really tired.

And so when I stopped running, and became a standing target for the sheriff/ninja/cowboys, they looked at me with big eyes and said, jumping up and down, "You can keep running!"

As if I was worried I had to stop.
Well, I guess maybe I was worried I had to stop or I might faint.

It was so fun all weekend :) I got to hold the 4 year old on my lap all through church and by the end he gave me a huge hug and said, "I love you!" Which meant so much to me! And his older brother decided he wanted to help me get all the jobs done Monday. When I told him I had to fold laundry, he said, "Oh, I can help fold laundry and it will be so fun! It will be funner than Christmas!" *Brief Pause* "Well, maybe not funner than Christmas. But it will be SO fun!"

Yeah, he's pretty cute. Oh they are just darling and so good. I will miss babysitting/nannying/working in Childwatch for the next year and a half. I just love those little kiddos. Need someone to babysit during the next 3 weeks? Call me! I'd love to :)

I got my mission picture taken today- I was freaking out because I suddenly realized that this made everything official! I looked at my mom and said, "Now I really have to go- this is bigger than getting that letter!" You know, the letter with the whole "Dear Sister Millward: You have been called..."

But, then I realized I was being a little over dramatic. That's alright... It's a quality that can only help when I'm called on to be the damsel in distress when my little kids are playing cowboys and indians :) But I don't think I'll be buying them guns that looks real. I almost had a heart attack once or twice when they would break those things out- seriously. I do well with foam swords. Or flowers. those are nice. In fact, I think at my house we'll just be playing Harry Potter with sticks as wands anyways.

Much better ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment