By the end of today, I stomped up the stairs to the kitchen and Rebekah stomped into her room. It had been one of those days- we were not super happy with each other :/
Shocking, right? :P
Well I sat down at the table and did my scripture study. Sort of. I basically just sat and felt guilty and slightly disgusted with myself. I was feeling like I had been such a jerk and needed to apologize for being so rude all day- I just had been really frustrated. Five minutes later I get a call... from none other than Rebekah herself! She called and told me she felt bad and sorry she was such a jerk and she needed to apologize for being rude all day, she just had a lot going on.
Haha I guess we were raised by the same people or something :)
I asked if I could come downstairs and see her, but she told me she needed a minute- she was doing scripture study.
Once I got down there, I spent a few minutes with her. We laughed and talked and laid in her bed. We started talking about the patterns of anger in our family. Rebekah is never part of the fight. When my parents are discussing what happened between parent/child or child/child afterwards, they breathe a heavy sigh and say, "Well, we all get angry sometimes in this house. I mean, look at Rebekah, the passive aggressive one."
You can count on a version of that sentence coming out EVERY time. It's absolutely hilarious. I usually just bust up laughing when it does happen, while Rebekah sits there. We decided she isn't passive aggressive, me and her tonight. She is hardly ever part of the argument. But then, she made me second guess our judgment call when she said that every time Mom or Dad say the whole "Rebekah's passive aggressive" thing, she just sits and think, "Oh well. I'll just make them pay later."
... Needless to say I was cracking up! But the funniest part was that she laughed so hard at her own joke she started crying! Award for most ridiculously funny moment of the night, hands down.
No comments:
Post a Comment