Dear Friends & Family--
Yep, it's
changing. Haha I am slowly learning how to be a lady over here! Daddy,
are you proud of me?! :) On the report for how well I've done at that
this week, I accidently swiped a few elder's backsides while getting up
from the lunch table, and had really interesting and embarrassing
conversations afterwards, multiple times, and one time when I was trying
to feed myself soup, I missed my mouth and it slopped all over my face.
Oh, and then there was when I... well there are lots of other examples
of me working to be better at being sophisticated and elegant and
feminine, as the lady who taught us how we should behave as sister
missionaries said.
This week has been incredible. I am still
loving it here. I saw my dear friend Haylie Lund again and as we were
talking I said, "I am so happy here. I go to bed excited to wake up, I
sit at meal time excited for the 3 hour class that comes next, I walk
around happy and I can't wait for everything that is coming!" It's true.
It has been so hard, but in such a good way. I am learning what parts
of my personality to let shine through and what parts to tone down. I
have officially made a group of great friends in the elders in our zone,
and every time I answer a question they follow it with, "Mill-wuuurd!"
Proud? Secretly, yes! Haha it's like I'm finally the star basketball
player I always wanted to be hahaha. Slightly embarrassed too :)
We
went to the temple this morning. It was so wonderful! The Provo temple
is beautiful inside. I loved that when we walked in I immediately had
thoughts of my family. I feel closest to my family when I am there- I
know the ordinances and work that is done in temples is real and lasting
and powerful, and I feel so blessed to be able to make covenants and
worthily attend. I choose to always have the temple in my sights. I am
so glad we are a forevery family!
My companion and I are
finally feeling really united! We learned to use our lessons as more of
just conversations. Yes, I am awkward, but I didn't realize I could be
so stiff! We were definitely not relaxed enough to invite the spirit
before. Our investigators have agreed to come to church, and they didn't
before. And I have felt the power as I bore my testimony about Joseph
Smith and His First Vision. It has been interesting for me as I have
prayed to know if my Heavenly Father, the one I have a relationship and
know, did actually appear to Joseph Smith to open this dispensation. I
know it is true! I have felt so much power in the depth of that new
testimony for me.
I have also so appreciated all of the letters and dearelder.com letters!
I know I won't be able to write everyone back but I am so grateful that
I have that support. Mail time is my favorite time, and everyone knows
it because I get so excited when I get mail!!! And I just really
appreciate all of your support.
One of the most amazing
experiences this week happened last night. We had just finished teaching
a lesson when we were walking back to the classroom and my companion
became doubled over in pain. She had been having some pain all day, but
thought it was due to her monthly cycle. We immediately went to the
front desk and she was told to go to the instacare. Before that, she had
to grab her wallet and identification. We were walking (I was almost
running, I was worried!) and she couldn't hardly move she hurt so badly.
When we walked past a building, there were about 6 elders entering and
she asked them for a blessing of health. She was anointed with oil in
Tongan and blessed in Fiji. And I have to tell you all that though I
have felt the spirit very strongly during blessings before and love the
priesthood, I have never felt it that strongly in a blessing. It didn't
fit inside of me, the feeling of power that these representatives of
Jesus Christ holding the power of the priesthood brought as they blessed
her with health and strength and to be able to fulfill her mission. The
most amazing thing was that she understood every word. She understood
it! She knew what they were saying, and they were not speaking Spanish
or English. I know that the power of the priesthood is the power of God
here on Earth! It is so powerful and it is so true! I love the Lord.
I
have really enjoyed gym time! I have officially turned into a 7 year
old boy who loves recess! I love playing volleyball and speed and
running! It is the best part of every day, besides everything else! It's
so fun to play in a relaxed but still competitive environment and have
so many different types of people to play with! I am a FAN!
My
companion has taught me patience. I am so excited about getting places
and studying and working hard that she has taught me to slow down and
get to know people! We are great friends with all of the Tongan
missionaries here now and I know how to say hi in Tongan! It's,
"Malo-e-le-lei" :) Happy right?!
I still can't upload pictures
but I got my flight itinerary and I leave at 9:55 Monday morning,
flying into the Newark Airport. I believe I should get there around 4 pm
their time. I am so thrilled! I am also able to call from the airport,
so I hope people are up and ready if I get the chance to call before
school on Monday :) I'm not sure if I will be able to, all I know is I
have to be at the front desk by 5 am... good thing I absolutely hate
sleeping?
I LOVE YOU ALLLLLL!!! And please do not feel like
the letters don't make a difference- they really do! I am learning so
much about my calling and the fact that I have angels around me,
supporting me. But I love knowing that people at home love me too. I
love being a representative of the Savior! I love having the extra
guidance He gives me now. I am so thrilled and I can't wait to get into
the field THIS MONDAY!!!
Lots of love, (and a burning testimony too :) ),
Hermana Millward <3
No comments:
Post a Comment