Sunday, February 10, 2013

"Hermana Millward"-Email 02/09/2013

Hi Friends and Family of Hermana Elise Millward-
We heard unexpectedly from Sister Millward this afternoon!  It was so exciting to hear how she is doing and that she is well and happy.  Elise requested that I include you on her general distribution list.  You can also read updates on the blog that she has kept since she went off to San Diego last summer.  Thanks to Princess D for helping keep that going for both of my sweet daughters.  It's been a busy crazy week here at the Millward home.  

Thanks for your love and support!  Ann

Dear Family-
That's what my tag says {{Hermana Millward}}! I can't even say how excited I was to wear my tag. I took a picture of it (sorry no pictures this week, I don't think I can upload them here. Plus I don't have time!) and the first five minutes of gym the second day I looked down and saw it was gone and started panicking, until I realized I had put it where it needed to be while I was playing volleyball and basketball haha!
I love the studying here. Let's face it, I'm a little bit of a nerd. But it's just my favorite thing! I feel so edified when I work hard and commit something to memory. I already have the first vision memorized in Spanish and English, along with the baptismal prayer, and my purpose. I have so much further to go with that, but I love that my mind is being filled with beautiful words of God. They are so uplifting.
I have seen a lot of friends here! Elder Taylor Christensen is doing so well- I was really happy to see him! And I have seen my good friend Cectpa (Sestra) Haylie Lund quite a few times. I am learning not to wander off at meal times and to be unified with my companion.
We taught our first lesson yesterday. It went pretty well, except we forgot a couple of things, like to start and finish with a prayer, ask them to commit to anything, and to even share a scripture. that's fine, because now I don't need to feel overwhelmed about improving! I am pretty sure no matter what I do today with my companion in our lesson, it will be an improvement haha. Note to self: Memorize the baptismal commitment question. yeah, we forgot that part too!
I am so happy here. I feel so much different from any other time I have been away from home. I am so at peace and so happy. Already it has been hard, but that is my favorite part! This gospel is worth working hard for, and it's worth all of the discouragement. I am so glad that I get the chance to keep my promise to those souls in the premortal existence and teach them the gospel! I am excited about meeting them. Sometimes we have doubts, but when I look at how powerful the Book of Mormon has been in my life, then I am pulled back on track. There is no way that that book is not the word of God.
I love my district, it is so fun! We have 8 sisters and 7 elders! Count it! First of all, we learn in a little closet so 15 is a huge number. It's way crowded. But there are more hermanas than ELDERS!!!! I am so proud! And nearly all of the 800 people who entered on Wednesday (Biggest number yet!) (Not even close to what is to come), almost all of the sisters raised their hands when asked if they were under the age of 21. The Spirit of the Lord is strong here. I am so excited to be part of this!!!
Oh, my companion! Ha. I guess maybe I should say something about her. She is a tiny little chiquitita mexicana from Arizona, whose mom is from Chiuaua Mexicol... which means she speaks like Shiwawa instead of Chiuaua. It's pretty cute :) The mix of her accent with my Spanish theta and habit (that I'm trying to break) of using vosotros means that we are kind of the odd ones out in our district, compared to all of the other south americans in our district. I didn't realize, but I had that Spanish pride they're so famous for over there... I am already sick of the sloppy spanish!!! Haha but I am trying to humble myself. I am quitting the theta (I think it will just distract those from South America I teach) and I am trying to mix myself in so I don't stand out. I want the message to stand out, not where I learned my spanish. But, man. I'll be using vosotros when i get home. It's too pretty to just drop forever :)
Love you all. Know I am happy and feeling so fulfilled here! This is it- this is what the Lord wants me to be doing right now.

Hermana Millward :)
 
Departing at the Boise Airport


Arrival at the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah




No comments:

Post a Comment