Hermana Millward let us know she landed :0) She will have P-days on Monday. Her letter mailing address is:
Hna Elise Millward
259 Griffith Street
Jersey City, NJ 07307
Hola!
My
companera is from Chiuaua again! She is absolutely the best. We get
along so well and she is everything I have been praying for in a
trainer. She is absolutely obedient but so fun and real. She has taught
me so much already and we have so much fun together! Her name is Hna
Herrera and she has been out for 10 months now... that seems like
forever away to me. I can't even imagine being that far out! But last
night we taught my first lesson to a thirteen year old girl named
Chelsea. She is set to be baptized this Sunday, and when the
missionaries started seeing her she did not even know who Christ was! I
was so excited to meet and talk to her all about the 10 commandments.
She is originally from Honduras. I also met Hermana Santina, from the
Dominican Republic. I absolutely love her! She is this lovely little old
lady who has bad arthritis and just wishes she could have had the
gospel when she was younger so that she could help with the missionary
work here!
got
picked up on Monday from the Newark airport by President Jeppson
himself and the Assistants to the President. We immediately went and did
a fear busting activity right in Newark (an area where sisters aren't
even allowed to serve because it's so dangerous) and had to sing in a
plaza and then run around like lunatics asking people if they wanted a
Book of Mormon.... so when they told me it was supposed to make me get
over fear of acting differently in public I just laughed because I felt
really comfortable the whole time! Haha I'm such a weirdo. I guess it
works though :) We also met Charles that day who promptly asked us to
Subway for dinner after we invited him to read the Book of Mormon. That
was nice, but... no thanks :)
I
spent the night in the mission home and slept like I wouldn't ever sleep
again, woke up with awful jet lag (who does that? Seriously. two time
zones. Ugh) and tried not to sleep throughout all of orientation. That
was fun! I met my companion, who I already told you about, and then we
were on our way. Our apartment is nice and we've already met the
neighbors. I had some time to unpack because we are opening an area,
called Bayonne, right outside of jersey City! We have a better view of
NYC than NYC has! It is so exciting. All of these years hearing about
the Statue of Liberty and I suddenly realized I never actually thought
it was real. Haha! It is.
I
am so trhilled to be opening this new area! It was originally twice as
big and now we really get to focus on getting work done in Bayonne. This
state is beautiful and has a lot of variety that I've already seen.
There's beautiful forest, super ugly city that i somehow fell in love
with right when I stepped into it (we all knew I was hard core) and I
just love it!
Today
we will be teaching 3 lessons hopefully and I get to meet Marisol who
is a member teenager here and who likes to come out with us and teach.
I am also so thrilled because we live with the Jersey City Sisters, one
of which is Hermana Jane, who was with me in the MTC and she is just so
sweet!
This
is probably super scattered... But I'm just really happy :) Loving this
feeling of sharing the gospel, and so excited that I got chosen to go
to a mission known for it's obedient missionaries and the fact that we
teach people from literally all over the world. I have never been good
at deciding, and now the Lord has helped me fulfill my dream of knowing
so many different incredible cultures! Hermana Herrera has a list of all
of the people from different places they have met and it is like 20
countries long. This is the real deal.
This church is true, and the power of the priesthood is real. I am so blessed to be here and I love all of you so much!
Con amor,
Hermana Millward <3
![]() |
| Hna Ramirez at the Provo Temple |
![]() |
| My trainer! Hna. Herrera |


No comments:
Post a Comment