Wednesday, May 15, 2013

"Best Week EVERRRRRR" -Email 05/13/2013

Hi Everyone--
It's been a roller coaster. I love Morristown!
My heart broke for Brooke this week- please pray for her. She is amazing and I didn't realize how much strength I got from having a sister in the field with me. She is strong and beautiful and I know that this is all in the Lord's plan and she is the luckiest because she gets to hang out with my Momma for a while!  (Sister Brooke was thrown down the stairs of a double decker bus in Dublin when the driver hit the brakes hard just as the missionaries were preparing to descend to get off to go into their flat.  After 10 days and 3 trips to hospital, it was decided to send her home to convalesce much to her disappointment!  However, it made Mother's Day extra sweet to have a personal visit as well as a skype/phone call from my two favorite missionary daughters! -- update on her condition will be sent out later.)
 
We have officially been dubbed the Enthusiasm and Unity committe for zone 7. We are all about helping missionaries have fun! And so, since the entire zone bailed on hanging out together last pday and playing volleyball, we came up with something a little more user friendly that everyone can get excited about! Today we are carving/sculpting watermelons! And we will make sure everyone has a fun time and that we can enjoy coming to district and zone meeting so that missionary work doesn't get boring. Because if you like the people you are learning from, then you learn more. We are thinking about carving President Jeppson :)
It rained like crazy this week! It doesn't get that loco in Boise- the rain just comes down and down and the streets get floodish and If you step into it it looks and feels like you're taking a shower!
We had the opportunity to do a lot of inside work this week. I am learning as a trainer just how important studies are! We strive to get our 4 hours of study time in every day, because we know that as we study then the Lord can speak more clearly to us as to what we need to say and do. Especially for brand new missionaries :)
We are helping a 76 year old lady learn some english to take the naturalization test. Talk about ambition. Seriously though! She's awesome.
This week we have lots of great meetings! We get to go to Specialized Training and talk with President Jeppson about how I can be a better trainer! I also get to have an interview with him, which I am so excited for :) They are the best.
After such an uplifting phone call with my family yesterday, we went home and got ready for a week full of lessons and teaching. We are excited! And to celebrate, we did some hard core par core in our living room- turned bedroom with four beds and a sofa. It was great!
Love you all. This work is the Lord's, of that I am sure. Every planning session is an experience of pure and specific revelation for the people we are teaching. The Lord knows what he's doing.
Love Hermana Millward

No comments:

Post a Comment