Monday, May 6, 2013

"Sister Millward, how's your heart tonight?" -Email 04/29/2013



I will never forget the way those words sounded as they came over the phone to me on Friday night, April 26th. It was the night before Tommy's miraculous baptism, and the night that President calls trainers for the coming transfer. I began to cry as all I could respond was, "Changed, President."

I witnessed the baptism of Tommy on Saturday, April 27th. After the most sincere and frequent prayers of faith, putting all of the obedience on the table that we had, and absolutely not letting go of telling Heavenly Father that we knew it was possible for his father to finally let him be baptized. I cannot express how peaceful the moment was when Tommy came out of the water, and as tears ran down his face throughout the meeting. How Sweet the Work is. His father expressed how welcome we would always be in their home, and his mother is now interested in taking the lessons from the missionaries.

Tommy was given the gift of the Holy Ghost on Sunday, and the Aaronic Priesthood. Tommy is now a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and a worthy holder of the authority of God as restored on the Earth again in these latter days. My heart and perspective and faith will never be the same; Tommy changed my life. Faith is power, the Lord is near, and the Atonement is real.

After that miraculous weekend, I left Bayonne. When President called he was not just calling to see how I was- I have been called to train a brand new missionary, and we have the chance to open a brand new area together. We are now in Morristown, and it is so exciting! It is so beautiful- there are trees everywhere. On our run this morning, we saw a bunny! And it was alive! And it was cute! It wasn't even a gross dead mouse! How exciting is that?!

My companion is Hermana Schendiman from Sandy UT and she is amazing. She has been so excited and ready to go and very willing to be obedient and learn. That is such a blessing for me and I am grateful that we get to come into this new area and help it explode! There is work to be done in Morristown, people to see, and it is time for it to be a Preach My Gospel run area.

I have had so many sacred experiences this past week I can't even describe to you all. I want you to know that I know that my call to train has come from the Lord, and that He is qualifying this little 10 week old missionary to take care of this part of his vineyard. My mission president is exactly the person I need out here to take care of me. The gospel is true. And miracles happen- I will never ever believe that someone can't come to the gospel. Why? Because the Atonement is real, this gospel is here in it's fulness, and anyone from any background can recognize Jesus Christ as their Savior and this gospel as His.

Carry on, carry on, carry!

Love, Hermana Millward <3

My companion, Hermana Schendiman, and I.

Tommy, in white.


No comments:

Post a Comment