Tuesday, May 21, 2013

"Prepared" -Email 05/20/2013



Last week we began teaching Nina.
This Sunday she will be baptized.
Prepared much? The Lord has people specifically prepared. She was contacted one day, not even a referral, just walking on the street. She is friends with lots of people in the ward, and I know that because of that friendship and comfort she felt that she knew she should keep coming back. Members are so important in missionary work! Without them it is impossible! She has accepted all of the commandments, including giving up coffee and tea, without too much question after we read D&C 89.
I know that this is God's word. It all just makes sense!
I want you all to know that we also got 8 referrals this week! It was unreal- and 7 of  them came from one lesson, yesterday. That member, Hermana Verdu, is a true missionary! She says, "Oh, I know of several Spanish people that live around here that you need to talk to." And she gave us all of their names! And then she asked if she could come knocking with us sometime. Uh.... Yes.
Specialized training was awesome. I learned about my role as trainer. I have learned to be okay to be a leader by voice, and not just by example. It has been hard for me to be direct about certain things with the Sister I am training, because I love her so much and I don't want her to feel bad or unequal. But I have learned that because I have more knowledge and experience than she does, I need to teach her and be very verbal about certain rules, etc for her benefit so that she can become the very best missionary ever! And I know that she will be needed to train- she is so determined to be obedient and to learn. The Lord needs her to teach other missionaries how to be missionaries. I have the best companion ever, basically. Let's face it, she's beautiful too.
We are starting to learn a lot about family history! We have a 12 year old girl, an investigator, coming with us this week to do some family history at the library! Just wish I had Mammy and Callie here to show me how it's done :)
Love you all. This work is the Lord's. Pray- He's listening.
Hermana Millward
This is the watermelon carving Sister S and I made of President Jeppson's head.


**For an update on Brooke's recovery, please see her blog: sisterbrookemillward.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment