Tuesday, July 24, 2012

And the winner is...

Me! I am the winner! Of what you ask? Of the Monday morning contest, in which it was decided who in this house got the best deal this morning! I won! Look what I got to do:







Yep. Yesiree Bob! That is a sweetie pie little Emeister climbing up and down me while we hung out in his room. I got the cake! The cake of sweet kisses and fun wrestling with the love bug you see above. I am so lucky. My mom reminded me of that today when I complained and complained. Let me tell you something: there was nothing to complain about. I was talking to my amazing friend, Noona, about nothing really, and then she mentioned that her dad had said he liked how happy I was. You know what else he said? Life isn't easy, ever, not even if you are happy. Everyone has hard things. But those that choose to be happy have a better time and are able to uplift those around them. 
Cha. Ching. 
I can attest to that! Let me just say one thing: life is not easy. Wowza I know that it can be hard. But also, it's important to try your hardest to move past the difficult things that happen in every moment, and just look for the happiness. Like the happiness that a Make-Your-Own memory stone kit brings:



Yep. The Emeister and I also did that today. So fun! We will paint it tomorrow. Or the happiness found in three little Freeze-Your-Own Popsicle sticks. We also did that today. We made popsicles from orange-pineapple-banana juice mixed with pieces of banana and strawberry yogurt. Yummmmm!

Or the happiness in completing a run that you are ridiculously unmotivated for. Or in finally turning in those overdue cd's to the library. Or in indexing 40 names and laughing with friends at the end of the day. Or in getting the unexpected chance to talk with a friend and have 2 prayers answered while she talks, and she didn't even mean to! (Yeah, I have pretty amazing friends.) Or the happiness in a nutella-strawberry crepe. Or in getting a text from a sweet friend reminding you she is thinking about you (Lissa <3333) Or the happiness in feeding the duckies. Or in getting a call from your sweet younger sister who loves you enough to want to just talk to you. Or in finally getting one load of laundry done. Or in getting that letter sent out you've been working on. Or in talking to your momma on the phone. I could go on...

I am going to miss these days. They are not carefree; they are not easy. But they are happy!!! I learned today that I am here to give love. I am here to show the Emeister that he is so so important and that even if things are hard between us, and we are fighting or on non-speaking terms (we tend to really disagree about nap time. He seems to think he doesn't need it. Psh.) and I take a while to decide to talk to him again, I really do love him. Haha. :) And you know what I realized today? When I get frustrated and take him out of the crib after he's sat there screaming and moping and doing anything but sleeping, he is frustrated with me too. But he goes right to giving me loves the second I pick him up. Talk about needing to be more like little children. Haha the sweetie pants loves me even though I sent him through an hour long torture session. And he also slept on my lap for an hour today- he just wanted to be with me, and here I was thinking about how he is getting spoiled and taking up my time that I need to do dishes and junk.  What a joke, people. What a joke.

Yes, yes. Today was a day of learning. I felt like I was running into a brick wall over and over, and now I've realized that I am able to move mountains as I give love to this sweet child of God who is not able to be with his parents all of the time. I love him. He has changed my life. He has changed my perspective on life, and he has changed my future.

Okay, get excited because tomorrow I am going to tell you all about the weekend. Here's a little preview: it involves fast food, big cities, and tons of twists and turns, and not the broken ankle kind of twists and turns... the huge fast ridiculous roller coaster kind. That is all. Love you, miss you. Read your scriptures! And really read them! That is what I am trying harder to do- no more of this halfway junk. It's time to step it up, and see the blessings that follow. Talk to you soon :) <3


No comments:

Post a Comment