Sunday, July 15, 2012

Surprise! Welcome to Silicon Valley!

That's right, last Wednesday, Mrs A gave me a call and asked if I would like to earn $200 extra this weekend.

Uhhhh. Yeah.

So, we hopped on a plane Friday morning at the beautiful and extremely coherent time of 6:30 am with the Emeister strapped and loaded and flew our way all the way north to the SFO (San Francisco Airport)! Now, mind you, this is the airport where my lost baggage went and supposedly my laptop was stolen. I was not on good terms with the airport, the baggage check system, or the fact that there was a lady in front of us showing a lot of skin and no good humor. It was awkward. I did NOT check any bags, thank you very much. And when Mrs A leaned over to me and said quietly, "I want to go over and pull up her pants for her" I laughed... and then felt kind of bad for judging. But then I laughed a little harder when the girl suddenly pulled up her pants and pulled the bottom of her shirt down, looking around at Mrs A and I, although that did nothing to help the possibly (quite obviously) artificial cleavage that was happening either. Okay, I'm done. It was just a lot to wake up to. I don't know her or her situation, but I do know that that is just awkward.

We got to spend the weekend with Mrs A's mom!!! So fun! Except for the fact that Ebaby was coming off of two days of fevers because of his 12 month shots. So he was a little bit of a handful. But other than the fact that he was exhausted and not on a normal schedule, we had SUCH a fun time. This guy is like my best friend. We hung out outside, and he picked up one end of the giant pool cleaner pole and handed it to me by lifting it straight above his head and then toddled down to the other end, like five feet away, picked up that end, and started pushing. And I tell you, me and him, we carried that enormous pole up and around that yard like it was nobody's business. We swam in the pool and he was so independent and made sure I wasn't holding onto him while he stood on the step by himself. We ran around the house talking and laughing. We giggled and laughed as he rolled around on the bed and I bounced him onto the mattress and sheets (that's our favorite game!). But when it came time for nap time he wasn't happy- haha Mrs A's mom was laying on the bed one day during the time I was putting him down, and I remember thinking, "Oh dear. She's gonna have to witness this getting ugly." And she did. He screamed and squirmed and I held on and sang. I love to sing him this song:


Mrs A's mom asked me what I was singing afterwards, once the battle was finished and he was out like shoulder pads at the turn of the century (can anyone say Victory? I can. It was sweet- him going down and the loss of that nasty fashion trend) and I got to tell her the words. I love that song so I was really happy to tell her about it!

Saturday I got the chance to go for a 11 mile run! However, it was super hilly, up and down and up and down, and it ended up being just about 12 miles anyways, haha so it was harder than I am used to! My 10 miler last week was cake compared to this baby- I took this run in the middle of a hot Los Altos day on dusty, hilly roads and a route I wasn't familiar with, plus I forgot my iPod! Stink! But, let me tell you, I surely enjoyed myself. Yes, there were times when I was thinking, what in the heck am I doing?!, but I tell you nothing beats the feeling of finishing a nice long run like that. And the 7 gingersnap cookies that you can eat that night because your body will burn right through them anyways! HEH!

All in all, it was a fantastic weekend, and I am feeling nervous but ready for this race- it is coming up in about 4 weeks, but I wish it was now!!! I could totally break it out and be done with it, I feel like. I am also getting pumped for next year's goal- a full marathon ;) Can't wait! But for real. Is it bad that I am also super de duper excited to have a sticker or something that says "13.1" or "26.2" on it? I can't wait to have those and be able to say, "Yes, I did that- it was hard, and it took dedication and effort, and I did it! Because I am strong and can do anything I set my mind to!" Plus, the feeling of having something like this you are working towards is a little addicting, let's be honest- I find myself planning all these different events I'lld o in the future. Haha we'll see how that works out.

Well after a full weekend, and a long plane ride where I got the Emeister to myself (and he made sure I remembered he was there!), I am supa tired!!! And so I am sleeping tight, not letting the bed bugs bite, and looking forward to a day of laundry, shopping, and possibly swimming tomorrow. Oh, and talking to my momma. Love you all, and love the Emeister. Sleep tight, and kill any bugs that dare to come near you. They're gross! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment