Naturally, I couldn't find the sunscreen. Naturally, I decided to use a different kind on him.
Naturally, he was allergic to it and also rubbed it in his eyes.
Poor little guy only lasted about 10 minutes into the walk before we had to turn around. He could barely open his eyes! So I tried to wash them out with water, but he didn't love cold water being splashed repeatedly in his eyes (imagine that) and I didn't know which was worse: letting his eyes sting or making him hate me by splashing him with water over and over. Well, I decided to strip the little guy down and put him in the tub. I had him standing and sprayed him all off and then tried to take the removable shower hose thingy to spray into his eyes. Of course he hated that (I would too), but it helped a little. He ended up cuddling into my shoulder when I got him out of the tub and dried him off, and laid there for 30 minutes with his eyes shut, not moving. He ended up being okay, but I'm never risking it again by giving him the wrong sunscreen. Poor guy. I felt so bad for him, but I have to admit that I didn't mind the cuddle session :)
Well, it was about nap time and he was exhausted anyways, so we went into the bedroom and I rocked him and he cuddled in my lap, while I slept in the chair, for an hour and 15 minutes. I woke up a couple of times, and I have to admit that I got that feeling you get sometimes in the fleeting moments that pass in the middle of summer... you know, when it just feels like magic? The wind chimes were going outside, there was a light breeze, and I had nothing on my mind but a sweet little baboo in my arms to cuddle and rock with. It gave me butterflies, I was so happy :) Loved it.
One thing I've found out this summer is I surely don't mind to cuddle, as long as it's with the right guy... haha! And that guy seems to be about 2 feet tall and weigh about 20 pounds, and he loves blueberries and bananas and swinging and swimming, and he loves marching around the house squealing with me, and he is so fun to play with, and he is now officially growing in his 6th tooth! So fun! Love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment