Not only because I got to take the Emeister to Seaworld and pet a penguin with a one on one trainer and get in free, not only because I get to go to the temple tonight, not only because I made a new friend who is helping me fix my car before I drive back to Boise, not only because I have had such an amazing summer, not only because I have unlimited access to delicious fruit and dark chocolate, and not only because I found the love of my life in a little one year old boy that I will never forget...
but because yesterday, at 4:00, the community of Vista found out that the last 1/10th of a mile was unapproved, on private land, and thus my half marathon that I have been training for all summer is now canceled.
Yesiree, I managed to pick the one of hundreds of events this year that got canceled. Well, okay, not canceled, moved to February... but that doesn't help me at all.
So, now I will be running my half on my own next weekend, a week before I originally planned to do it. And Mrs A and Mr I say they'll be there for me at the end of the 'race,' ready to have a victory celebration! I have the best employers, ever :)
So... onto a nice 9 miler today. And then to go finish up the car. And then to go with the Sister Missionaries. And then to work tonight :) I'm a lucky girl. This sort of stinks, but it's all good. I did it :) And I'm proud!
No comments:
Post a Comment