So many times a day will finish up, and I'll find myself thinking, "Today was so perfect." No, my life isn't complete bliss. But it seems like there are enough wonderful things in each day to make them all add up to a day of happiness. Today, I wasn't thinking that at all.
I took the Emeister to gymnastics, after running around for 45 minutes while he slept this morning doing laundry, showering, cleaning the kitchen, getting his diaper bag ready, cleaning up the shattered glass that he had dropped, and slabbing on some make up. Oh, and yes, I was reminded this morning that I am officially out toothpaste. I know. Sick. However, I got him and me out the door by the time the class was starting and we were only 10 minutes late! That's pretty good, considering the class starts right in the middle of his nap time and I want to let him sleep as long as possible. And considering how on time I never am...
Anyways, we had a blast at gymnastics, and he was Mister Charmer throughout, being such a gentleman as to even run into another little girl's face to say hello. (She liked it. But for real, when you are only a year old, that's like a nice big smile in the street or something). We finished gymnastics, and the Eman walked his way through the Y, getting distracted by various things on the way out as I continually redirected his course. He was a happy boy as we went to the pharmacy to pick up things for me (TOOTHPASTE PLEASE), and a super happy boy in the grocery store, even when we had to go back for round two after I realized I had forgotten half the items Mrs A wanted me to pick up. He had a big boy lunch without any baby food, and all on an OCD friendly plate (he is very particular about what is on his tray and when. He only likes what he is currently eating to be in front of him). He and I shared a PB&J, he ate steamed vegetables, and bananas and cheese.
He slept like a baby (I punny!) and I napped on the bed next to him. I got up, rotated laundry, called my mom, ordered tickets for Magic Mountain (WOOP WOOP), and then he woke up. I rocked him back to sleep... bada bing bada boom, and had a few minutes to myself. Then he woke up again, 2 hours after he started his nap. But he only lasted 1/2 hour before I realized this little meister wasn't ready to be awake, so I tried to rock him back to sleep, but he wouldn't let me lay him down without waking up. So, we rocked and he slept for an hour. And I slept too. It was nice. Nothing on my mind but 3 loads of dirty laundry, an entire kitchen to clean, and baby boo in my arms. When he woke up, he was a happy happy boy, and we shared nectarines in the kitchen, the juice squijjying down our arms and cheeks as he giggled and smiled and I laughed and kissed him. I folded the laundry and we watched Rio. We rolled around and played on the mat in the family room. We went on a walk where I deposited my checks and sent out a highly perfumed letter (it's a joke DUH) to a missionary friend in Mexico. We got home, he ate like a big boy as he drank his vanilla soy/whole milk combo sippy cup, and he grabbed my head and gave me huge kisses as I subtly covered everything on his tray in peanut butter so he would actually eat it, and then I cut up some food for the pizza for Mrs A, Mr I, and me. And then I was off, and I went to an institute class, and was asked the question, "From where do you get your confidence?" That one made me think. I am not sure I know the answer yet, but I know what the answer should be. I then talked to my daddy for a good 40 minutes or so while eating a yummy ice cream dessert. We talked about Spain, England, training, running... And then I talked to Kirsten, and it was just what I needed. I had some trouble at a creepy gas pump, but I made it home safe, and I got the opportunity to sit down and relax for a few minutes talking and laughing with Mrs A. I love seeing her talk about Emeister. She loves him so much. Her face lights up when she talks about him.
And now, I will take a minute and really talk to my Heavenly Father, because I am realizing that He has just blessed me... with the perfect day. That was nice :)
No comments:
Post a Comment