TODAY though, was a fantastic day. I spent the morning in the OR with Mr. I, and I got to watch a major surgery! I watched a cancer-filled kidney get taken out laproscopically, along with part of a vein that had a tumor in it also. Laproscopically means with a small camera that goes into a small incision, rather than cutting the patient wide open. Let's all be impressed that I did not get light headed with any of the cutting or gruesome surgery-ness of it all! I watched them stick a huge syringe into his neck, I watched the entire surgery and all of the cauterizing and stapling and cutting on camera. I loved that part. Now, let's all crack up because I almost passed out when the patient became fully exposed and I officially became fully exposed to exactly what every part of a grown man's body looks like. I wipe a baby's bum every day, but an old man body is much different than a baby boy body, and apparently I didn't like the way the old man body looked. I had to sit down and put my head between my knees. Luckily, he got all covered up as they repositioned him so that the surgery could be performed, and I was able to take my head out from between my knees. Psh what a joke!!!
So Tiff and I had a BLAST today. I am so so glad and excited she is here for the weekend! We went first to Extraordinary Desserts, and it was so yummy!!! All of the desserts are beautiful, and they are so good too. We shared a Dulce de Leche Chocolate cake and a strawberry napoleon dessert. If you are ever in the San Diego Area, you HAVE to go and get just one dessert! This place is incredible, I'm telling you. We loved it. We then went up to Orange County to Rainbow Sandals, a shop that sells these sandals that are ridiculously sturdy, apparently. Everyone down here wears them. I gritted my teeth and bought a pair of sheep skin loafers that will supposedly last forever, and be perfect for walking around in Spain and Provo. It was expensive, but if they last like everyone says they will, then it's worth it (right?!)! I know I would have regretted not buying them, so that's comfort. We found a movie theater in Laguna Niguel where we could catch movie for only $20! *cough sarcasm cough* And it had a full bar and restaurant! So we left and found the cheaper one near where I live where we got the movie for $11 a ticket instead. We saw "People Like Us" and both loved it. So good. You should see it! :) We have big plans for tomorrow, and the next day lots of relaxing. I am so lucky to have an Auntie Poo like Tiff. She takes good care of me- she even bought me a full tank of gas. I tell you, one of these days I am going to wake up as rotten as a tomato that's been sitting on cement for five days in the hot sun I am so spoiled!
I also have gotten some really nice notes from friends lately, and my parents too. I want you to know that I know that the Lord watches out for us. He lets others know when we need our needs fulfilled- even if sometimes it feels like we are all alone. But we aren't. We just need to work through things on our own for a little sometimes in order to find that we are strong enough to handle it, and come closer to Him in the process.
I had the sweetest experience last night as I put Ebaby to sleep, and then went to the temple. I know that he is a child of God, dear to our Heavenly Father's heart. He is a pure spirit, so new to this life and clean from worries of the world. I am so lucky to spend time with a little guy like him. He has helped change my perspective and life in very important ways. I love love love this baby boy. I surely will miss him. But I know I'll see him again one day :) I love the Lord, and the mercy we have available to us every day as we are able to repent and come closer to Him. I listened to BYU devotional that likened grace to piano lessons from Mom. Mom will pay the full paycheck for lessons, we will receive the lessons, and all Mom asks is that we practice in order to find the most use and joy out of her gift. That is like how Christ has paid the full debt for us, and there is not a way to make it up to Him, but He asks that we utilize the Atonement in our lives because He knows that is what will make us most happy and strong. Here's the video. If you have a few minutes while you are cleaning or relaxing, you should listen. It's super good. Anyways, talk to you soon. Enjoy :) I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment