If my dear friend Miss Miles were here, we would have called my 8 mile run on Friday "Beast Mode" because, my friends, I am proud enough to say that, yes, yes I did run 8 miles! And I did the majority of it on a sandy, crowded beach. The tide was in, so I was jumping up and down and around kelp and people and kids and trying to run in the hard sand, but it didn't work out as well as I had hoped, considering the water was washing right up to the soft sand in places. I stopped to use the restroom (I know, I know) because I have not yet become one of those runners who doesn't stop and just goes on the run. Yeah, gross, right?! Not my style. I'm not going for time, haha and I do still want to have some dignity coming out of this.
I definitely called my momma several times telling her how scared I was to do the run, and how I didn't think I could do it. But she said I could! She gave me pep talks and helped me. And so she is the best. But I think we all knew that already :) I love my momma. I was talking to her on the phone the other night and when we hung up I told her I would call her tomorrow (as if she didn't already know that). I then went on to say, "Aren't you glad you're my best friend?! We get to talk all the time!" And it's true. Haha I call my mom all the time. She's da bessssstttt.
The Beast Mode continued into Saturday when I went with friends on a nice 'moderate hike.' Ha!!! Whatever. It turned into a rock climb, scaling huge boulders up a steep mountain and using the rope provided to get down the cliff/mountain. It was a little ridiculous- and SO MUCH FUN! Ha I loved it! I tried to pull a Pocahontas and hop across a stream and ended up on my side in the stream. I was laughing so hard, because of course I would be the clutz who couldn't make it across the mini stream. I bruised my toe and scraped my knees:*( Haha but no worries. I ended up drinking almost an entire gallon of water. It got up to about 91*, and there was no tree cover at all near the end! So it was 6 miles of hard work and I loved it. Hopefully I can go hiking again before I leave.
Saturday night I ended up at a Mid-singles barbecue. Woops... Slightly awkward. Haha a guy that was on the hike saw me there, and did a double take and then said, "Whoa. Are you the girl who went hiking with us? You look a lot better all cleaned up." Oh my I said thank you... but I was laughing so hard on the inside! Poor guy. He tried to cover it up by saying I looked just fine before, but we all know that I looked disgusting after hiking in the desert for 4 hours. Haha it was such a funny little sort of compliment!
Sunday was fun- I baked my birthday cupcakes that my family sent me and brought them to Break the Fast. I saw my good friend Miss Brianna there too! I loved seeing her! She is spending a couple of months down in Tijuana doing service, and I was so glad to hear all about it. We had a good time, and her roommate that came with her was really nice too. She had beautiful eyes :)
Monday... The Emeister and I went swimming! It was so fun, he stuck his little feeties in the hot tub while I sat there and tried to massage my knees into feeling better. They've been bugging me for a few days now, and I need them to NOT be hurting, that's for sure. We played in the big pool and walked around the outside too. He loved exploring on the edge of the bushes. As my sweet daddy said, "They're (meaning chldren) delightful, aren't they?" I had to agree. My daddy is a big softie when it comes to certain things, and I think it's one of the best parts about him. I love that! I tried to get out of the house when I finished work to go and swim for a half hour or so, but I couldn't find my stinkin keys! So I was stuck in the house the whole night, since FHE started an hour before I even got off work.
Tuesday, today. Brookie Cookie emailed the family! She has already bought 2 new skirst. Hahaha imagine that. She is shopper, now and forever! I wasn't able to send her an email due to computer timing, but I will have my own laptop by this weekend and so I will be able to blog more frequently and email her every week. Send her a letter, she would be thrilled to hear from anyone! Her address is:
Sister Brooke Elizabeth Millward
Scotland/Ireland Mission
England Missionary Training Center
Temple Way
Chorley
Lancanshire
England PR6 7EQ
Also, Ebaby and I went to his first gymnastics lesson. He had such a good time practicing going up and down little steps and in and out of tents and up and over big blocks... He was so fun to watch!!! Every Tuesday in July we get to go. It's so fun to go and watch him make new friends too :) Afterwards, I got myself a bean burrito from a local taco shop and he sat on my lap and ate little puffs like such a big boy. I fed him some lunch, and then he took 45 minutes of rocking before he would go down, the stinker. Oh well... I'm hoping I've got at least a few more minutes before he wakes up. I guess we'll see. Love you all, and talk to you soon!
Oh, and here's a picture of the San Diego Temple that I took Thursday night. Isn't it pretty? :) My testimony is strengthened each time I visit. I feel so blessed to be able to live so near one. I love the temple:)

No comments:
Post a Comment