Friday night was perfect. I got to spend it with the E-meister. We hung out while his parents went to a dinner, and they even let me order a Pay-Per-View when he went to sleep. He was such a sweetie and we played and played.
Saturday I had the opportunity to babysit for a family with 5 kids under the age of 10, one of which was a 15 month old sweetie pie who is allergic to eggs, milk, peanuts... Haha it was wonderful and they taught me all about The Lord of the Rings, although I can't attest to how well I understood the movie since we watched the second half first and half the time I was running around playing horsey with little Stevey-Bub on my shoulders and sweet Sidon asking me for a sandwich. After a morning of chasing them all around, I went on a nice long run and gelled out- whew it was great! I LOVE running on the beach, even when the tide is in so I'm jumping over kids and kelp and onto soft sand all the while.
That night, though, was a night that becomes so memorable it's the stuff the books are made of. I met this guy on the beach, and by the end of the night he kissed me, and we're getting married now.
HA JOKE! Stop freaking out! I was just checking to make sure you were paying attention.
But fo' realz, it was late and the moon was bright, the tide was out, and bonfires were flickering against the backdrop of sea and sky. My good friend Noona and I spent the evening talking and playing with the background of sky reflected on the glass that was the hard sand where the water washes over it. We spent some time under Scripps Pier, where we could see the mussels and watch the reflection of the pier on the sand grow clearer and clearer until the water finally washed over it again. It was like a long hallway, leading to... somewhere :) We decided to take the opportunity to change an aspect of our lives while we were there, and we stepped through the ninth pillar towards the ocean just as the water washed up and tickled our feet when we made our choice. The water was unusually warm that night, and so we ran and danced and laughed as we splashed and kicked in the water.
That's a moment that makes up a beautiful part of the tapestry of life, am I right? I was so happy, and grateful. And, yes, I did feel the Spirit because I felt so at peace throughout the night. The sky was beautiful and the ocean was peaceful, and I wasn't even (too) scared of the dark! The Lord's hand is there, in every moment.
Anyways... Sunday was uneventful, except for the fact that I had the most stressful 3 hour block of my life, but once I for over that, Elder M Russell Ballard, one of the main leaders of the church, came and gave a fireside down here! I got to shake his hand, and I almost told him my grandparents say hello (they are pretty good friends with him... ridiculous, I know. Wouldn't that be cool!) but I didn't want to sound like I was trying to get attention. I have to say, it's hard not to feel the spirit when you shake the hand of a special witness of Christ like him. I am now reading 5 pages of El Libro de Mormon every day- he got me motivated to rededicate myself to studying it and making it a more significant part of my life. I have a testimony of this gospel and that its leaders are inspired by God to lead us today.
Monday and Tuesday flew by as Ebaby and I shopped (he is a good little shopper. He told me his opinion on which bra I should pick out. ... Awkward) and ran and shared peaches while we sat on the kitchen floor together and read his favorite book, "How do Dinosaurs say I Love You?" I actually gave it to him for his birthday, and he can't get enough of it! I love it. We spend our mornings upstairs, crawling around and exploring and watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and then we go out back or on a walk. Those are my favorite times with him. Today- swimming! Can't wait! I love swimming with the little stinker. He is just such a sweetie pie.
I know this was long today, but I've been meaning to post for a few days and just never finished... however, here it is! Enjoy. I LOVE YOU ALL! And miss you most likely ;) Enjoy the small moments- they pass so quickly, and they are what make up the threads that form the fabric of our lives. Love from San Diego.
No comments:
Post a Comment