Saturday, August 11, 2012

What a way to finish

Now, I still have a week left. In fact, one week from today I should be laying my wittle head down on a nice pillow somewhere in Utah, on my way home with the car packed to the brim and a sad heart because I am leaving this happy place! But I am excited for what comes.

However, tonight was the official "Good-bye Dinner." :( and :) Mr I and Mrs A took me to the fanciest, classiest restaurant I have ever been to, named Flemings, and paid for a gourmet dinner, complete with starters, salad, filet mignon, side, and dessert. And root beer... never forget the root beer. Haha I have officially become a soda snob since I've been here. Let me tell you: Virgil's is THE BEST kind of root beer available, and I've tasted quite a few, and I just LOVE it! However, I'm pretty sure I was drinking Barq's tonight with my steak and salad.

We pull up in Mr I's fancy black Mercedes (which I got to driver home!!!), him in a suit and Mrs A and I in dresses, and the valet man opens the door for us and drives the car away. We walk in and all the waiters and waitresses that pass seem to be apologizing for getting in our way, asking how our night is going, and hoping we are doing splendidly here.

We are seated, and immediately a bread plate is set in front of us, with two types of gourmet butter. Who knew there were different types of butter? Yeah, well one was white and the other orange, and they were good.

Just as I was starting to taste the money this place was made of, we were asked for our orders and I had my water and root beer glass filled at least 7 times haha. For some reason I can go through a lot of liquid whenever I am at a restaurant...

Anyways, drinks taken care of, we were on our way to a nice dinner. And let me tell you, there was nothing too exciting about the dinner, except I felt like a movie star and compeltely pampered by how sweet these two are to me. They continued to compliment me on the wonderful job I have done and how they aren't ready for me to leave. Haha I told them I don't know what is going on next summer so that was always an option if they didn't end up with a permanent nanny... They complimented my wit and sense of humor, and they toasted me to continued health, success, and happiness.

We ate, we talked, and we laughed. Boy did we laugh! We have a great time together. And by the time they made it through a bottle of wine, I was full to the brim, and we had our desserts in doggie bags and the restaurant gave me four truffles and even took our picture for us because I am leaving, we had spent 2 hours just enjoying each other's company.

I am so blessed.

And then, to add a nice topper to this ice cream cake of joy, I got to drive the Mercedes home! It was beautiful! My dream of the whole summer, come true! Ha! Joshy poo... be jealous ;)

And now I am laying  in bed, ready to wake up for a full day of YSA Conference tomorrow. I am thrilled and can't wait to give blood and meet new people and spend time learning and growing and playing!

It couldn't have been better. And now, to sleep. A toast to your health and happiness, and a continued sense of peace in your life, as I feel in mine. I am convinced that this summer has helped me grow in a way that would have never been possible had I stayed at home. I am so grateful. Love you all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment