Thursday, August 16, 2012

Life keeps rolling

The weekend held a big conference for the YSA's in California. I have to say, it was really fun and I had a lot of questions answered as we listened to Elder M Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and other leaders in our church. I LOVE this church :)

After a night of Korean food and fun with Noona, I woke up Monday morning to another Laundry Day, and time with the Emeister. Tuesday we went to gymnastics and Balboa Park and walked around. It's a beautiful place! I wish I would have taken more time to really visit all of the museums there. The architecture is intricate and old fashioned- like nothing I've ever really seen in real life before. Just prepping me for Spain I guess ;) I went visiting teaching that night. I haven't gone all summer! I had a hard time getting in contact with companions and the people I visit teach, so I was glad to finally just do it. I was able to meet with a talk to a girl who is having a harder time right now, but I know that the Lord will bless her as she continues to be faithful. I think the world often tells us to only do something if we cans ee rewards right away, but I know that if we test the Lord and rely on Him, we will see the benefits and fruit of our work and faith. Wednesday we went to the beach. It was perfect. Emeister and I had so much fun splashing in the water. All of his little kisses were salty too- it was perfect! I surely am going to miss him.

I got to go running for the last time on the same beach where I took my first run this summer. It was night time though and the water was dark and I LOVED it. I tell you, there isn't much that compares to running alongside the ocean.

Here's a random list of things I've learned, big and little, this summer:

I CAN kill spiders. Sick.
I really want to serve a mission! So badly!
Babies are trying so hard to be good, and so it makes it easier to not be frustrated with them if you see things from their point of view.
It's okay to hurt a guy's feelings. Especially if they are 30, and creeping you out.
Being a mom is the most important thing I can do with my time here on Earth.
I LOVE sunscreen! Yes, I now wear hats when I run and sunscreen most of the time. And if it's not on my skin, I am thinking about how it should be haha.
People are generally good. How lucky am I to have found and lived with some of the best people out there this summer :)
Virgil's brand root beer is BY FAR the BEST root beer my lips have had the pleasure of getting to know. It is so good!
I can eat 24304950986 pounds of strawberries, peaches, blueberries, and cherries.
I know how to make chili!
Chardonay is a super famous and common grape that apparently makes like the best white wine or something.
Cognac is said Cone-yac. I think.
I can speak Spanish :)
I can do hard things!!! As long as I have my mom on Speed dial! (Ha we'll see how this goes in Spain... where I won't be able to talk to her at all...)
.... and the list continues.

The Emeister and I are going to spend one last leisurely afternoon feeding the duckies and playing in the park, and then I'm gone tomorrow! I'll be driving for like 12 hours... so pray for me :) Love you all <3 AND SEE YOU SOOOOOOOOOON!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment