Monday, August 6, 2012
Laundry Day
So, today is laundry day.
The day when EBaby and I roll around in our pajamas all morning,
and when we make chili, have laundry cuddles,
enjoy time just sitting with each other.
The day we deep clean the kitchen
and stay inside until the very end of the day.
Today is the day when we cuddle on my bed and make a video, and then watch it over and over again
while the Emeister snuggles into me and smiles at us
The day when Emeister sits in my room and goes through my purse, all the while pulling out treasures,
and handing them to me with a big grin on his face.
He is so clever.
The day that Emeister and I swing in the park, return books to the library, and feed the duckies...
but not out of obligation, purely out of pleasure.
Today is the day I kiss his rosy cheeks over and over,
and squidgy his thighs and his ears because I can.
The day we take for ourselves to do nothing, and everything all at once
Today is the day there are no puddles outside, only sunshine,
so Ebaby decides to make his own puddle out of milk, all over the window and floor.
Today is the day I realize how quickly my time here is slipping away,
how this blessed dream of a summer is like water in my cupped hands-
vividly refreshing yet effervescent all at once.
Today is the day we eat oreos and root beer instead of milk and sandwiches,
the day that Emeister and I have nothing we really have to do
Except laundry
So we do our laundry,
and in between doing our laundry,
the folding, sorting, moving, soaping, rinsing, and carrying,
we live.
We make memories that will last a lifetime
and strengthen a friendship that, I am convinced,
is built upon the magic that lasts an eternity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We have been truly blessed to have you in our lives!
ReplyDeleteSigned mother of Emiester:-)