Before I entered the blessed area we like to call SoCal, I had horchata maybe 4 or 5 times in my life.
That is not the truth anymore, people.
I can't seem to get Mexican food without ordering this delectable delicious delicacy of a drink. (Alliteration like bacon!) (Chiming sounds of rhyming!)
Today the Emeister and I made some returns and I was starved, so we stopped at a 24 hour drive thru and got a Pollo Asado Burrito. Naturally, it was oozing with guacamole.
Now, not many people know this (why would they?!) but I get so sick from any trace of avacado!!! But, I am also super stubborn (plenty of people know that) :/ and I hate that I feel like a wimp because I can't get myself to eat the avacado, like I am just making it up. And, I was starving. So, naturally I tried to eat around the guac and just get over it.
Yeah, my tummy is preeeeetty unhappy with me right now.
However, that's not the point! The point is, I ordered the burrito, ate part of it, threw it out, tried to to barf, and then went back to the restaurant, and ordered horchata with a side of beans (LOVE Mexican beans! Feminine, I know). The guy behind the counter most like had one of the following thoughts running through his head: 1: This lady is pregnant and MUST have her horchata and beans, and simply forgot to order them the first time; 2: Whoa, she eats more than I do (which is saying something- he was no pixie. Not that I am, but really) or 3: Dang, she knows what to order1 Mmhmmm, Horchata's the best thing we've got!
I enjoyed my refreshing rice beverage, to say the least. And that side of beans was rather delightful as well.
Yeah, I'll miss the Mexican food down here... and some of the people as well ;) I said goodbye to the sweet housekeeper today- she kept kissing the air and my cheek and was so sweet "Me dio mucho gusto conocerte. It give me much pleasure to know you." Over and over she said it. What a compliment. I won't forget how genuine and sweet she is soon.
I love the Lord, I love his temple. I love his scriptures and the words of the prophets. I love missions, and missionaries. And I love the standards set by the church's inspired leaders to guide us through these days of trouble and difficulty. I also need to say- I love my momma ;)
Talk to you all soon, and love you <3
No comments:
Post a Comment