Saturday, August 25, 2012

Who Knew?

So, apparently the food comes with the drinks here in Madrid.

Amazing, right? I knew I liked this place! After Letty (my roommate) and I left the house around 8:30 last night and wound our way around La Plaza de Cervantes, enjoying the sights and smells of this incredible place, we decided we wanted some dinner. At 10:00 at night.

We finally found a bar (because that's where everyone eats) and ordered something off the menu that looked foreign- we had never heard the word before. Our waiter asked what we wanted to drink and we chimed, "Agua" at the same time. We sat and chatted while our food was prepared, and took a look at the picture menu that they had given us. We found a picture that looked like floppy, unskinned fish, filleted and laying on top of chips... and realized that was what we had ordered!

The food came out to us, and it was actually pretty delicious, considering we were surprised that we had ordered fish. Along came some very snobby (Mr I would have liked it) water. When the bill came though, the only thing that was listed was the water! And that's when we found out that if you order a drink, you get a free tapa. Now that's what I call good business!!! Here are some of the pictures of our night out in Alcalá de Henares:


Just arriving at the airport. Some of the first breaths I breathed in Spain!!! (Notice the time... that's Boise time. It was 8:37 in Spain... time to wake up!) 


So excited! We were all on the bus and ready to go get the other girls in our group.


... and this is how we actually felt.


My roommate and I! We had had dinner, taken a long nap, and we were headed off for a night in Madrid!


Pretty flowers :)



Take a look at that architecture! 




The infamous and free deliciously soggy fishies!


Totes del del, yo!


Snobby water!


The picture menu where we realized what we had ordered


I totally targeted myself by taking this picture. But the balcony and building were so beautiful!


Helado para la postre :)

No comments:

Post a Comment