I made it home last week! Haha after a drive until 3 in the morning, in which sweet Kirsetona kept me awake for the last 200 miles, I slept at a good friends house in America Fork and finished the drive off the next day. I met up with my grandparents in SLC and got to drive with Mammy to Boise. Unfortunately... I was a little grumpy at that point. :( I had the hardest time leaving the Emeister! My arms have never felt so empty. This little boy covers my background on my phone, my computer screen, and, as cheesy as it sounds, he is still stuck in my heart, like the most bitter sweet heart attack waiting to happen!
I loved being able to spend a couple of days at home. I finally got a snow cone, my first and last one this entire year! Heinous, I know! But I got one. I finally got to sit down with my family and watch our Sunday movie that we always watch, although this week it was the TLC show "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" ... I don't recommend it. Hahaha my siblings were laughing so hard but I had the hardest time with it! I just kept thinking the people were so nice and didn't really get the humor very well. Apparently when my dad tried to watch it he kept his eyes covered the whole time.
I spent such a lovely week at home eating my mom's cooking and waking up to my siblings and parents and spending time with Kirsetona and CassBarn. And now, here I am, sitting in the Denver Colorado Airport... on my WAY!!!! I have a connecting flight to Philly and then I go from there to Madrid! I should be there by about midnight tonight, Boise time. So thrilling! Talk about Jet Lag, though... especially considering I only got 3 hours of sleep last night.
My sweet Daddy gave me a Priesthood Blessing last night. In it, he said that I need to be very aware of my surroundings at all times and that I would be ecstatic about the Castellano I will be hearing and communicating in. He also talked about my privilege to receive priesthood blessings at any time, by priesthood leaders that I deem worthy. It also talked about how challenging it will be for me to be in a university that is taught and run in a foreign tongue. I know I will be blessed as I seek guidance from the Lord and faithfully read and study his printed word in Spanish in these Latter Days. And how blessed am I to have a sweet Daddy who takes care of me and worries about my safety.
I am sitting across from 5 Elders who are all coming home from their missions! So exciting! I have to admit... they are kind of handsome. :) Can't help it. They're almost home, right?! Haha and I'm almost out of here... It almost doesn't seem real that I am actually finally fulfilling my dream of so many years. I have wanted to go to Spain since I was just a little girl and my Daddy would tell me stories of his mission and the country. I have been fascinated with the culture and language ever since I can remember, even going so far as to make my own 5 word spanish dictionary in 3rd grade on the computer, convinced I would be fluent in no time.
Well, here I am, 11 years later, about to put my independence and language abilities to the test. I am so excited! I am so ready! I think so, anyways. I guess there's no helping it if I'm not! Here we go... LOVE my family, LOVE the Lord, LOVE my life. LOVE YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment