Yesiree Bob, it has come! Tomorrow I run my half marathon. Thoughts? Nervous. Why? Because I've psyched myself out. I ran 12 miles, all hills a couple of weeks ago for crying out loud! I can do this. And I'm going to be in a killer location- I will be running through Balboa Park on the trails they have there. I am concerned I might die though because these trails have a difficult level of difficulty and I don't know if I'll be able to run them... hmmmmmmmmmm. I may have to rethink my route.
HOWEVER tonight I gave in; I have this stubborn feminist inside of me that HATES the new running skirts... haha because I've heard quite a few guys say that they think they are attractive, and I get annoyed sometimes when I feel like something objectifies women. And it makes me laugh that I feel so strongly about something so silly as a running skirt! But I do. Oh well.
So, um, guess who went and bought a running skirt?
Me.
Sick.
But it only cost $12! But I am supporting men objectifying women. But I look dang good in it!
What a joke.
I guess sometimes you hate to love something even though you really just hate what it stands for but go along with it anyways because it makes you look and feel good... I could have chosen something worse to go along with. Oh well. Watch out running world... here comes Elise, in a skirt.
Can we change the subject real fast and talk about sno cones? And how I love them? And how I have officially had 0 since I've been here because the shaks don't grow on every street corner like they do in B-town? Sick. So silly. San Diegan society would officially have a boost in stamina and overall joy in life if they only grew a couple of well stocked, always running shave ice shaks, preferably the Tropical Snow kind. Oh, I forgot, I did get one on the beach once, but the ice was chunky and it really wasn't that good. I don't count it. Boise could teach this place a thing or two about quality frozen fare.
The Emeister and I have just really been enjoying our quickly diminishing time together. We fed the duckies this morning, went on a long walk yesterday, watched lots of Olympics (gymnastics!!! and all those really handsome swimmers...), and spent time at the store, swimming, and in the backyard, all this week. I adore him. Wowie I feel sad to think about leaving him. He is so so special- he is so tender, and pure, and forgiving, and teachable, and he sees the joy in so much that most people our age take for granted! When was the last time you found a leaf and really looked at it? The sweetie pie brought me 3 the other day while we were out in the backyard together, all the while with a huge grin on his face like he had found something really special for me, and he did. Love him.
I had the chance to finally see the Titanic Exhibit at the Natural History Museum here. I have been wanting to see it all summer- and it was everything I had hoped it would be! There was an audio tour, and lots of personal artifacts from the actual ship and the passengers/people aboard. I couldn't help but grin when they let us step in a model of the parlor room where we could hear voices and laughter and read about the people aboard. For some reason the story has always fascinated me, and it was so fulfilling to be able to go through and spend time looking at all the artifacts and learning so much about the story and other peoples' individual stories. What a thrilling time in history it was, 100 years ago! Progress in every area was happening, boundaries were falling, and people were moving about like it was nobody's business!
Well now I really should go to sleep. I have a rape defense class in the morning (can I get a whoop whoop! Mmmmmhm!) and then I go straight to Balboa and break it out, beast mode all the way. Pray for me? I can do this, I can do this, I can do this. I love you. Talk to you soon. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment